Chapter 7: Sansa's Choice

INT.Inn-Crossroads

POV-3rd Person

As tensions flared within the holdfast, the atmosphere became increasingly charged. Ned Stark, with a worried heart, had dispatched a search party to find his missing daughter, Arya. News had reached him that Lannister soldiers had located her, leading him back to the bustling gathering of Baratheon, Lannister, and Stark forces. It was a sea of armored men and a cacophony of voices that made navigating through the crowd a formidable task.

When Ned finally managed to push his way to the front, he was met with a disconcerting sight. King Robert, sat in his chair, a picture of exhaustion and distress. By his side stood Queen Cersei and Prince Joffrey. Cersei's hand rested on her son's shoulder, and Joffrey's arm was visibly wrapped in thick bandages. Off to the side, Lyanna stood with Draven and Charles, their expressions revealing their discomfort with the situation.

In the center of the room stood Arya, and as soon as her eyes met her father's, she rushed towards him, embracing him tightly, her voice trembling as she muttered, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," her face buried in Ned's shirt.

Ned's concern was evident as he asked, "Are you hurt?"

Arya shook her head, and Ned nodded, relief washing over him. He rose to his feet, his gaze now fixed on Robert. His voice reverberated against the stone walls as he demanded, "What is the meaning of this?! Why was my daughter not brought to me at once?" With each word, Ned's anger intensified, and the Lannister soldiers bristled in response.

Cersei, retorted, "How dare you speak to your King in that manner."

Robert interrupted, "Quiet, woman!" He straightened in his seat and addressed Ned with an apologetic tone. "I'm sorry, Ned. I never meant to frighten the girl. But we need to get this business done quickly."

Ned, undeterred, pressed on. "And what business is that?"

The Queen took a step forward and accused, "Your boy and girl attacked my children; we were lucky Ser Baelish was there. That animal of hers nearly tore Joffrey's arm off."

Lyanna, standing to the side, couldn't help but roll her eyes at Cersei's accusations. She thought to herself, 'Of course, she'd lie. No surprise when it comes to her precious son.'

After the incident at the Trident's riverbank, Lyanna had been drawn into a heated argument with her mother, but her feelings remained concealed, keeping her thoughts to herself.

Earlier

In the privacy of their quarters, Cersei had scolded her daughter, Lyanna, with a mix of anger and frustration. "How could you stand by and do nothing?!" she scolded, her voice laced with disappointment. "How could you let those Northern heathens and their beast do that to your brother?"

Lyanna, unmoved by her mother's intensity, met Cersei's piercing gaze with cold, defiant eyes. "I had it under control until Joffrey started making threats. Like any good brother, Draven defended his sister," she retorted. "Instead of pointlessly scolding me about my actions, why don't you teach your son some manners? As for the direwolf, nobody could do anything about that."

Cersei was left in shock at the audacity of her daughter's words. She narrowed her eyes, warning, "Watch your tone, young lady."

Lyanna, unapologetic, replied, "I'll watch my tone when you start watching your ass of a son."

"He is still your brother, Lyanna," Cersei cautioned.

Lyanna's response was resolute. "If he continues to act like this... then he is no brother of mine." With that declaration, she got up and made her way to the door. Just before leaving, she turned to her mother one final time. "You have my honest word." And with that, she exited the room.