▫️ Thirty-five

Start from the beginning

"Let's just trim, okay?" I suggested after some seconds to which he quickly gave in. Not even a minute later he was up on his feet, my body in his arms.

He carried me back into the house insisting that he wanted the cut done now. I let him manoeuvre us into his room till the bathroom where he sat me beside the sink.

He shuffled through the drawers and took out a shaving razor and cream, placing them before me. I stared at the items then back at him not knowing what to do with them.

He slowly parted my thighs before moving to stand in between them, his eyes expectantly looking up at me.

His hands rested on both sides of me as he leaned closer so that we'd be at eye level. I stared at his face, his lips briefly touching mine in a peck.

I first dabbed a wet cloth over his face before applying some of the cream. I urged him to shut his eyes so that I'd focus and not hurt him but he opened them again halfway.

I let him be even as he wrapped his hands around my waist. He just couldn't stay for long without touching me, not that I was complaining.

After I was finally done, I let him wash his face and I expectantly looked through the mirror, waiting for his opinion about his new look.

He looked at my image when he was done, his eyes twinkling in satisfaction which was odd because he hadn't even looked at himself.

"How is it?" It suited him perfectly according to me so I hoped he would also like how it came out as.

"Perfect," he looked at himself for just a second before lifting me up and taking us out of the bathroom.

He settled me at the edge of the bed while he took out some sort of oil that he asked me to apply on him, I guess it was to minimize itchiness.

"You'll help me next time too, right?" He gestured at his face and I nodded once, his smile showing and it was then I thought of his words.

Next time? So we'll be permanently living together then? Like a couple? My mind flashed with all sorts of imaginations.

Over the past few days we'd been living like a married couple but I tried not to think ahead of myself as I helped Grey recover.

My phone rang soon afterwards cutting short my trail of thoughts as my mama's smiling face lit up the screen.

Grey stood up from his squat in front of me and sat beside me as he let me reveive the call.

"Good morning mama," I greeted enthusiastically, my legs bouncing as I swang them over the edge of the bed.

"Good morning Ellie, how are you?" She asked back with the same enthusiasm and I told her that I was doing well.

"Did you have breakfast already?" She continued to ask and I turned to Grey as I replied.

"Yes, I had pancakes and mango juice." She hummed from the other end and I heard shuffling beside her, perhaps papa joining her.

"My daughter," I smiled at my earlier guess when his voice came through not more than five seconds later. "How is everything?"

"It's fine, there's nothing to worry about." Grey took my hand and pecked over the back of it as he rested his head over my shoulder.

"Is Grey alright?" Papa asked next surprising all of us. I assured him that he was healing just fine but mama insisted on talking to him.

"Give him the phone," I didn't even think much of how she already knew that I was with him.

Grey took the phone from me, his hands nervous but I softly pecked his lips, making him look at me in a more relaxed manner.