16. she told me to go to hell, so

Start from the beginning

                   "You all live here?" Andrea asks.

                 "Here and the cell block," Glenn answers. "There?" Andrea points at the block, "Well, can I go in?"

               Rick quickly blocks her way, "I won't allow that." Andrea huffs, "I'm not an enemy, Rick."

                "I beg to differ," Nellie mumbles under her breath, only the two teen girls and her mom hear it.

                  "We had that field and courtyard until your boyfriend tore down the fence with a truck and shot us up," Rick says. An expression of confusion flashes across Andrea's face, "He said you fired first."

                  "I can assure you that's bullshit," Sadie hisses, "He sneak attacked us. Aimed a gun on me. He'll kill you too when you become a nuisance to him."

                    Tears brim Andrea's eyes as she starts to understand all the lies The Governor has been telling her along with everyone within the walls of Woodbury. "He killed an inmate that survived in here," Hershel tells her. "We liked him. He was one of us," Daryl adds.

                       "I didn't know anything about that. As soon as I found out, I came. I didn't even know you were in Woodbury until after the shoot out," Andrea exclaims, nervously glancing at everyone. "That was days ago," Glenn retorts.

                   "I told you, I came as soon as I could," Andrea whines. The faces around her say they don't believe her, calling bullshit. Michonne leans against a cage as Andrea turns around. "What have you told them?" Andrea asks her.

                 "Nothing," Michonne simply says.

                   Andrea glances at Nellie for a moment. The teenager shrugs, acting like they didn't spend the harsh winter together surviving.

                 "I don't get it. I left Atlanta with you people and now I'm the odd man out?" Andrea scoffs. "He almost killed Michonne, he aimed a gun on Sadie and he would have killed us," Glenn growls.

                     "With his finger on the trigger!" Andrea points at Merle, "Isn't he the one that kidnapped you? Who beat you?" Sadie's breath hitches. It's a small second that she and Merle make eye contact but it's enough to make her want to scream into the void. With no void to scream into though, Sadie clenches her fists at her sides so hard they shake, white knuckled. Andrea has a good point but she also doesn't know that Phillip also tried to borderline kidnap Sadie. He locked her in that room and then aimed a gun at her head when she was no longer useful to him.

                     Andrea sighs loudly, "Look, I cannot excuse or explain what Phillip has done. But I am here trying to bring us together. We have to work this out."

                 "There's nothing to work out!" Rick corrects, "We're gonna kill him. I don't know how or when, but we will."

                       Maybe a week ago Sadie would've felt sick at that statement but now all she can see is those icy blue eyes on the other side of the fence determined to kill her, her little sister and the people she's found again and found peace in. "W—We can settle this," Andrea stutters, "There is room at Woodbury for all of you," She lands on Sadie, "And Phillip—he misses you—"

                        "He tried to kill me," Sadie cuts her off with a shaky rattle of her lungs, "He did to you what he did to me. He showed you how safe he could make you feel, how quickly he makes you feel comfortable. He tells you just enough to make you believe he's a sad soul. He's demented. He had a room of walker heads. He locked me in a room and did nothing about him," Sadie points at Merle, pure venom in her voice, "You don't know him—"