xiv. new girl in town

Începe de la început

you groaned in annoyance as you put your weapon back into its place.

raphael looked down at the empty street before he turned to talk to his leader "and the award for worst leader goes to-"

leonardo's eyes shot wide open "how am i the worst leader?" he asked incredulous.

"you aren't" you responded immediately, even thought the question wasn't directed to you.

a bored look on your face.

"if we did this my way, snakeweed would be toast by now." answered raphael ignoring your response.

michelangelo let out a disgusted sound that made donatello roll his eyes "that'd be some nasty toast." commented mickey.

leonardo made a step forward, getting into his brother's face "this way would've worked if you hadn't wasted time second-guessing my orders."

raphael copied his leader actions, they were on each other faces "don't give bad orders, and i won't second-guess 'em." he replied.

you let an hand slide down your face as you groaned exasperated.

"you know what, raph? if you think you could do better, why don't you lead?" proposed leonardo.

"first good idea ya've had all day." bit back raphael.

"we'll compromise." chimed in — again — michelangelo "i'll lead."

the two turtles turned to glare at him, and his voice dropped to a murmur "uh, [name] leads?"

they turned towards you but they find you unbothered by the situation and they understood that you didn't want to be a part of the argument.

"fine, raph, the team's yours." spoke leonardo and your mouth fell open "i'm out of here." he added.

your ex-leader turned around, walking away from you.

you called his name as you watched him jump to another roof.

donatello's hand on your shoulder stopped you from going after him; you missed the way raph looked at you.

"i can't believe he's gone." desperately spoke mickey.

donnie tried to help his brother "ow, don't worry, mickey. leo,uh- he-" his gaze fell on you, trying to find some help because he knew he wasn't the best with words.

"he just needs some space, that's all" you added.

michelangelo looked at the two of you with a blank expression "you meant the pizza guy, didn't you?" asked donnie, but you both knew the answer.

mickey nodded slowly "yeah"

──────────────────────

back at the lair the tension was high.

you and raphael weren't speaking, and even thought the other two brothers knew why it didn't stop mickey from trying to make things change.

he pushed you against his brother with a big toothy smile.

raphael didn't say anything at the hard glare that you sent him, and that made donnie pretty confused — but he didn't voice his thoughts.

instead he kept focusing on the map, changing markers as he tried to understand where snake's lair could be.

raphael clenched his fist as he moved near his working brother.

"donnie, we have to find snakeweed's lair." spoke the hothead as he kept his eyes on the map.

"don't. pressure him." you warned trough gritted teeth.