XXXII

Back to Gabi's Pov

--------------

i woke the next morning with a massive headahce, almost as if my head with being repeatedly hit with a metal rod. I groaned standing up, placing my hand on it and hurrying to my bathroom to rummage around the cupboards to find some paracetamol. Luckily i found a packet, with only one left in it which was a little dissapointing since i always take two so why there was only one was a little wierd since theres an even number in the packet but oh well, i took it not acknowledging it much since all i wanted was for the headache to go away.

I slumped back in bed, grasping my phone from the nightstand, clearing the unimportant notifications which was when i saw one that was a little confusing.

*missed phone call*

i tried to get the notification to expand on my lock screen but it was being annoying and just scrolling to the others so i tapped it stupidly, as the number of the caller appeared on my screen along with a ringtone, but being still a little drunk and tired, my reaction wasn't fast enough to stop it before the caller picked up.

"hello?" they said on the other side, a little confused and tired sounding but happy anyway. I could hear the raspyness of his voice, it was quite early so he had just probably been woken up by the call, which made me feel a little bad but not at the same time, since now i get to hear his morning voice, and honestly totally worth it.

"oh, uh hi, Ocsar, sorry i didn't mean to call you," i said genuinly, my voice being a little raspy too, forcing me to clear it halfway through the sentence. I felt my cheeks develop a red colour, as i was a little embarrased that i was stupid enough to click on the notification knowing it would start a call.

"oh Gabi," he questioned a little supprised that it was me calling him and probably not his team who he would've suspected since i doubt anyone else calls him, since he doesn't have many friends and the only ones he does have are probably out playing padel somewhere in Monaco. "did you need something," he asked his voice changing slightly, making me feel as though he was now on the move and no longer just layed in bed as he had been previously.

"uh," i replied not really knowing what to say but honestly it was nice to talk to him, so i sort of was a little hesitant about saying no and letting the call end. "I- i had a missed call, from, you and i just wanted to, you know, make sure it wasn't important or anything," i said, screaming silently away from the phone afterwards at how idiotic i sounded but honestly Oscar had seen the worst and best of me so i had no reason to act like a girl in highschool who was talking to her crush and trying not to make any mistakes while doing so.

It took him a few moments to respond, i supposed he had probably forgot why he had called me which i don't blame him honestly, he went out last night too, though i wasn't sure if Oscar was the drinking type especially around his family and parents. "oh, well i'm sure it was just an accidental pocket dial," he said so effortlessly not stuttering or slurring on his words. His response slightly saddned me, the idea he'd randomly call me out of the blue made me feel special in a way, but i suppose it's just all in my head.

I didn't reply but i didn't hang up leaving the call silent just his movements could be heard on my side. "So, how was your night?" he spoke, clearing his throat probably wanting to relieve the call of it's tension as quick as possible. In the background as he spoke i could hear the opening and closing of cabinets and then the ringing of a bowl being placed down. I giggled slightly looking to my watch realising it was almost the afternoon and he was having breakfast, which ultimately i hadn't even thought about until my stomach grumbled but i just brushed it off and proceeded to speak, though i didn't know how i felt about being truthful with him about what happened, not wanting him to worry but also since i didn't want him to think badly of me.