Selena made her way over to the group.

"Hey ladies," she greeted, setting her overloaded tray down with a thunk.

"There you are!" Nina exclaimed. "We were worried Tiana might have...."

"Oh shush, I wasn't that boring," Tiana protested through a mouthful of potato.

Selena laughed as she slid onto the bench beside Mia. The shy giantess gave her a soft hello but seemed distracted poking at her food.

"So," Selena began lightly, "who else is freaking out about the ceremony?"

"Only all of us," giggled Nina. The slender blonde clasped her hands together anxiously. "What if I get tongue-tied when I'm chosen?"

"Then try not to eat it," Tiana quipped. She swallowed a chunk of meat half the size of a cow whole.

Nina shot her a sour look. "Gee thanks, really helpful."

"No problem," said Tiana with a sarcastic smile. "Though we all know I'm a show. No way they'll pass up these guns." She flexed her enormous bicep with a grin.

Nina gave a soft snort, nibbling on a bread roll the size of a compact car. "Yeah, because nothing says a perfect student than an aggressive brute, besides I don't think you'll even fit in the portal."

Tiana flicked a pea at her, which Nina dodged with a laugh. Though ribbing each other was part of their dynamic.

Mia stirred her soup aimlessly. "I don't even know if I want to be picked," she mumbled.

The others turned to her in surprise. "What do you mean?" Selena asked gently. As the second tallest in their group at 180 feet, Mia could cut an imposing figure, but her nature was the opposite of what he frame portrayed. Selena knew she was likely overwhelmed by the prospect of being sent halfway across the universe.

Mia fiddled with her braid nervously. "I just...I don't know if I'm ready for that kind of adventure what if they try to attack me?"

"Oh, honey." Nina patted her shoulder statically. "Their technology hasn't advanced enough to evenake us bleed, rather it's the other way around, they would be the one trembling and scared of their pitiful Life.!"

Tiana nodded eagerly. "Yeah, and just think - hundreds of teeny people staring at you in awe!" She puffed out her chest. "I bet they'll worship us like gods."

Selena hid a smile as she bit into a turkey. Beneath her cocky bravado, Tiana clearly hoped to be the one chosen. At 205 feet tall with shoulders like a linebacker, her hulking friend cut the most imposing figure at school.

"I don't know, I just don't like the idea of being stared at by those tiny things and feel like a creep" mia said

"Creep?, Selena gasped " 1st, there are the creeps for staring at some for no reason, besides you should bask in all the attention you'll be getting, I mean hundreds of people staring at you , noticing your presence is a dream some people have you know".

"I don't think they will be staring for no reason, I'll be freaking huge compare to

Before Selena could say anything else, a deep voice bellowed across the cafeteria.

"Mind if I join you ladies?"

She looked up to see Jerry approaching with his usual swagger. Mia's younger brother was trailed by several of his awestruck friends. Jerry was already one of the biggest and most popular guys in school. He flashed his sister a dimpled grin as the group pulled up chairs.