Eyes So Brown - Leo Valdez x Reader

AN: Features a poem I wrote myself!!

          Y/N sat on her bed in Cabin 7. She wasn't exactly doing anything important. She was painting. She was painting  a girl engulfed in flame. That is when Kayla came in. 

          "Y/N! There you are!! This was sitting on the porch. It was addressed to you."

          "Really!!" Y/N exclaimed, more in shock or happiness, Kayla couldn't tell. "Thanks.." she said, either way. "Of course." Kayla said, walking away to get something she needed.

          Y/N opened the warm brown envelope. Inside was a slightly crumpled sheet of paper, folded in half. On the top, For the girl with pretty brown eyes, was written down in a neat scrawl in Ancient Greek. Y/N opened the paper and began to read.

I've seen a girl with eyes so brown,

With eyes so deep, you could drown 

They sometimes seemed like black holes, 

Other times acted as windows to her soul 

Her eyes looked like honey, 

On days that were sunny 

At times they were gold, 

Shining very bold 

Sometimes they were copper, 

And they were definitely show-stoppers 

I've seen a girl with eyes so brown, 

With eyes so deep, you could drown.

~ Someone who likes you

          Y/N looked over the whole thing again. The poem was nice, in her opinion but seemed quite amateurish. It's really sweet that someone would want to write this for me. She thought, smiling. I've got to go and show this to Leo!! She announced to herself as she tied her hair in a messy bun and put on her shoes.

           Y/N ran all the way to the Hephaestus cabin in hopes of finding her best friend. "Leo- Hey, Nyssa!! Is Leo there??" "Nah. Think he's in Bunker 9." Leo's half-sister replied. Y/N nodded. Y/N bolted off so fast, Nyssa barely caught her, 'Thanks, Nyssa.'

          "FBI, OPEN UP!!" "Yes, officer??" Leo humoured Y/N as he opened the bunker's entrance. "Someonejustwrotemeawonderfullysweetpoemdescribingmyeyes!!!" "I am so sorry, but what??" Leo asked, pushing her into the bunker and onto a couch.

          "Someone just wrote me a wonderfully sweet poem describing my eyes!! They sent it in a letter!!" As Y/N explained this to Leo, she observed that he looked strangely embarrassed. "I even got it to show you!!" She showed the poem to Leo who read the poem quickly. A little too quickly for his first time.

          "Leo... Did you write this??" Leo's gaze met hers as he rubbed his nape. ""Uhh... No??" "Uh huh. Sure, Valdez and my mom's still alive. So, imma ask one more time, nicely. Did you write this?" she asked once more, scooting closer to him and cupping his face so he'd meet her eyes.

          Leo gulped before nodding. "See. Now that wasn't so hard was it?" Leo seemed shocked she didn't run away or say something about his crush on her. "So, you're not gonna say something like, 'I like you, but only as friends.'??" Y/N rolled her eyes. "Why would I say that when I like you too, you dumbass??"

          "Wha- Actually?? You like me back??!!" Y/N snorted and nodded. "Oh my Gods!! You actually like me!! Now, will you be my girlfriend or do I need to do some crazy schist for you to say yes??" Y/N feigned thinking. "A kiss would be nice..." she suggested. "Consider it done then, mi amor." Leo smirked as he grabbed her waist and pulled her into a kiss.

AN: This is also a one shot I got too lazy to complete, so enjoy and gimme your thoughts.

Love,

Helene