3

Drako arrived shortly after that commotion. It's like everyone has already forgotten what happened earlier. How quickly people forget. But not me, when someone harms me, I would held that grudge to the grave.

I was changing clothes in one of the cubicles in the bathroom when I heard two people talking. People really loves to gossip.

"I pity Inez, she looks kawawa kanina ha."

"I know, girl. Rosalind was such a bitch."

"I guess after all these years, she couldn't get over that she lost both her best friend and Bryant."

After those two girls left. I got out of the cubicle and inayos ko ang aking sarili sa harapan ng salamin. This is what I wanted. Ang maawa ang mga tao sa'kin. While people were busy pitying me, they won't see me as an enemy and I could do everything I can without worrying someone targeting me.

I went out of the bathroom. Mukhang ang star of the night ay nowhere to be found.

I was feeling tired. Naiisip ko pa lamang na uuwe ako sa bahay namin mamaya ay doble na ang pagod na nararamdaman ko.

Paano ako 'di mapapagod. Everytime I was going home, same situation unfolds before my eyes.

My useless father still drinking.

My sick mother crying for help.

The only thing that was keeping me sane in our house was my sister.

The reason I was moving forward was her. I wanted to give her a good life.

All my life I wanted to be different. Na sana iba na lang ang naging magulang ko. Na sana pinanganak ako sa mayamang pamilya. Sabi nila once you was born out of poverty. You will never get out of it.

I wanted to prove them wrong. I could get out of this. I know I could. 22 years of living in this shitty life, this is nothing. It will all be worth it at the end.

That's why I worked hard to get admitted on this University.

Everyone here is either rich or has a powerful connection outside. That is what I wanted. This school will be my stepping stone to get everything.

I was walking outside school auditorium when I noticed two people arguing and shouting inside the garden. I quickly went there. I carefully placed myself behind the plants, good enough to hear them but not to noticed me.

"Drako! Please don't break up with me. I can change. I will do everything for you"

"Stop, Tricia. We're over. We don't have anything to talk about."

Drako and Tricia? What's happening? I keep on listening to them.

"Drako! Don't you dare walk away from me! We're not over!"

"Tricia, stop! I can't do this anymore!"

"If you walk away, I'll tell them everything. You will be destroyed. I swear to you!"

Fuck. What was that? Tricia has something on Drako? I needed to know what it is.

I quickly walk away when I sensed Drako leaving the garden. Kailangan ko syang sundan.

He quickly went to the parking lot and drove away his white SUV. Even his Bodyguards couldn't to anything to prevent him from leaving without them. What could they do? Drako was the only grandson of the president. He's the living power. No one could defy him.

I quickly rented a taxi to have him tailed. I needed to know where he was going. After few minutes of driving, he got out of his car.

What? An orphanage?

Binigay ko yung bayad kay manong after kong bumaba ng taxi.

Wait. Where is he? I was looking everywhere. But I couldn't find him.

"Don't move. Why are you following me?" Drako asked while pointing a gun in my back.

Shit. What did I get myself involved with?

"If you don't answer, I'll shoot you in the head."

I felt cold. I can't die. I still have plans. Dying was not one of them.

"I wasn't following you." I said. He's Jan Fucking Drako Sel Torres. I knew he's dangerous. I needed to play my cards right.

"Go on, shoot me," I said as I was slowly turning so, he could face me.

He couldn't be serious about shooting me, because if I were him, i would've already pulled the trigger.

I didn't want to show him any weakness. He's like a ticking time bomb, any moment pwede syang sumabog. I'm risking my life now so I could get close to him. I needed to do this.

It's all worth it.

I kept reminding myself. I need to calm myself down.

I immediately grabbed my phone from my pocket. I quickly sent an SOS signal to Claire.

Inagaw ko yung baril kay Drako. My hands were shaking from the fear and excitement. One wrong move and anything could go awry.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He shouted. "Give me the gun!"

My body won't stop trembling. The adrenaline keeps rushing that it's making me feel alive.

"Jan Drako Sel Torres. Remember me. I'm Inez Ashley De Martin." I said as I pulled down the trigger.

I shot down my leg. I shot down my fucking leg.

"What the fuck? Are you insane? Why did you shoot down your own leg?" Sunod sunod nyang tanong.

I played his game. He thought a gunshot could stop me? Sometimes, I was scared of myself of doing things that I thought I wasn't capable of.

I didn't give him an answer. I was just looking at his face. He got the look. Pictures didn't do him justice. He's way more handsome in the flesh. No wonder, Tricia couldn't get over him.

I started to feel dizzy. My eyes were getting blurry. I felt my blood flowing down.

The last thing I saw was Drako carrying me in a Bridal style before I closed my eyes.

This is a good start.