Forty Eight

Hi-top Club, Itaewon

Yeonjun's POV

Ugh. Is Chaeyoung going here at Somi's party? Well, I'm here because I'm also friends with Somi. That girl didn't even reply to my messages. She's really stubborn and her Dad not helping either. I don't know what to do anymore.

Yeonjun oppa? Dahyun said while waving her hands at me.

I walk towards her direction.

Oh! Dahyun. Alone? I asked her.

No! I'm with the two. She casually said then sip her drink.

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu? I asked her.

She nodded.

Where's Chaeyoung? I asked her.

She's there.. surrounded by the rich  girls. She replied the sip her drink again.

Hey. Slow down. Drink moderately Dahyun-ssi. I scolded her.

Oh! Come on. You two are really best friends. She answered then walk away.

I just shook my head. It seems that not only my Chaeyoung changed even her friends change a lot. Who would have thought that the Church girl I know is now fond of going into night clubs. Is idol life stressing them out?!  I fastly walk to the direction Dahyun pointed because I miss her.  And, there she is. She's awkwardly smiling to those girls who are obviously flirting with her. Don't tell me she's still attracting girls?!

Chaeyoung! I called her.

The girls turn around looked at me.

I saw Chaeyoung widened her eyes as she's not expecting to see me.

Who are you? The girl asked.

I should be the one asking that. I answered.

What are you doing here? Chaeyoung asked me.

Somi invited me. I casually answered her.

Chaeng, who is he? The girl who's obviously flirting with her asked.

Oh! He's my big brother. She reasoned out.

He's handsome. The other girl said.

Of course, I am. I maybe an orphan but my parents gifted me a top tier good looking face.

May I excuse my sister? We need to talk something important. I asked them.

They just nodded and drag Chaeyoung with me.

--
Son Chaeyoung's POV

Yeonjun dragged me out of the place.

Where are we going? I asked him.

Somewhere quiet and we can talk privately. He said.

We silently walk towards the park near the party venue.

So, how's Paris? He asked me.

It's okay. My Appa enrolled me in an arts workshop. I replied.

I see. He said.

So, how about you? Did my dad sent you here? I asked him.

I'm okay and yeah. Your Dad wants me to get you. He honestly said.

Do you know why? I asked him.

It's just a guess. But maybe because he will be retiring in next three years. He wants you to be his successor. As I heard,  three years is enough for you to study business. He said.

How about you? He will adopt you soon, right? I asked him.

Yeah! But, I'm not interested in that Chaeyoungah. I've been managing his other business. He reasoned out.

But, I don't want to be the successor of Son Group. I really hate the idea so much. I whined.

I sighed.

Why not marry me instead?! You know how much I love you right?! He suddenly said.

Is he serious or joking?!

Yah! That's not a good joke you got there. I exclaimed.

I'm not joking though. If you marry me I'll manage all his business and you can continue whatever you want to do. And, I'll love you right. He lovingly said.

Really?! This friend of mine is really something. I know he is confident since then and it makes me envious of this character.

No! I can't do that. And, we are childhood friends. I love you as friend and a big brother nothing else.  I explained.

I already have Mina Unnie. She's the only one for me.

That hurts..you know? He whined.

He gets what he wants. And, I can't do anything against him. He added.

So, you are warning me?! I angryly asked.

That's why I'm talking with you now. If you don't want marrying me then let's go in America and talk with your Dad. He confidently said.

Really?! That's the best thing you can offer me? I sarcastically asked him.

Come on Chaeyoung! It's not the time to show your bratty self to me. You know how powerful your Dad is. He irritatedly said.

And, you know what happened last time we saw each other. I answered back.

Not this time because I'm going there with you. And, you did knelt down in front of him for your friends. What's the difference if you plead for yourself this time?! He seriously asked me.

So, you knew?! I asked him.

I just heard him talking with his secretary when I was about to report to him in his office. That's the time he told me to keep an eye on you and convince you to go back there in any possible way. He explained.

I know you think of me as a loser. It's been like that since we are kids. I said.

Yah! Son Chaeyoung. You are not. And, that's why I'm here to make it easy for you. He lovingly said.

Ugh. But you're making things hard. I whined.

I heard him chuckle while caressing my hair until he received a message notification.

Oh! I think I need to go. I have some business to do here. He said as he stood up.

I'll just call you if I'll consider your offer. I said.

Just don't keep on ghosting me and if you change your mind. You can always choose the first one. He said smiling then wink at me.

Yah! Stop that. Just go already. You're making me sick. I commented.

I heard him laugh.

Oh! Come on. I love you Son Chaeyoung. He happily said.

I hate you. Just go. I irritatedly said while standing up.

I was surprised when he suddenly cupped my face and kissed me in my forehead.

Bye Chaeyoungah.. See you soon. He said then run away from me.

Yah! I yelled.

He stopped and waved his hands with a wide smile in his face. I guess it's still same as before. I sighed. Lucky, that Dahyun wasn't here or else she will tell this to the members again. I'll be in big trouble if Minari will know about this.
--