Thirty Four

Mina's POV

I'm still processing the information Dubu and Tzu told us and lots of questions popping in my head that I want to be answered. Why did she went in a bar at the first place?!! How drunk she is that day?! How did she chose to be friends with her? Did she know she's Kenji's ex girlfriend? Why she's in the same hotel that day?! Is she okay? Did she already eat? Ugh. Why I'm feeling this way?  Are they really just friends since that one night thing happened?! Why I'm feeling upset about all of this rather than my own dating scandal?!

It's already pass two in the morning but I'm still wide awake. I want answers but I'm afraid I'll cross another line. I'm just thinking about it when someone knocks on my door. Is it her?!

The person opened the door.

Mina Unnie? She called me.

Hey. Chaeng. What are you doing here? I asked her.

I'm just passing by when I saw your light on. Can't sleep? She asked me while scratching her nape.

I nodded.

Is it your anxiety attacks again? She worriedly asked.

I'm....yeah. I lied.

I just want her to stay.

I see. I can sleep again next to you if you still want. She shyly said.

Why she's so shy anyway? She's not like this. Is it because of that one night thing?!

Come here.

I moved aside to give her enough space to lay down. She slowly walk towards my bed and lay her body beside me.

Chaeng? Are you okay? I worriedly asked her.

Ye-ah. It's just I'm feeling hurt and disappointed. She sadly said.

Of course! She is.

Chaeng, I know I have no rights to say this to you because we are on the same page right now but as you've told me. Everything will be okay. I sincerely said.

Aren't you disgusted on me Unnie? She asked me and I'm too stunned to answer right away.

Silence means yes. She mumble.

No! I'm just spacing out for a moment. Well, I'm not disgusted to you Chaeng it's just I'm disappointed. It's so careless of you to be drunk like that.

I know. I'm disappointed to myself too. She said.

So, since we are talking about this. I want to ask something but.. if you think I'm crossing the line,  not answering is fine.

Okay. I'll answer if it's you Mina Unnie. She said making me blush.

Are you two really just friends? I asked as I shift my body to my left since she's there laying flat looking at the ceiling.

Yes. Just friends. She said.

I see. So, uhm. The friends with benefit thing... I stopped as I don't know how to ask her..

We only did it once. I can't remember anything that night but she does. I'm really drunk that night Unnie. She reasoned out.

So, getting drunk that night has something to do with your heart broken? I asked her.

She remained silent for seconds then proceed on saying something.

Hmm.. That night I'm planning to confess to her but before I can do it I unexpectedly knew she have a boyfriend friend. She said then shifted her body on the right. We are now facing each other.

So, she's a girl?! I questioned her.

She nodded.

Don't you find me weird? Disgusting? She asked me again.

No! Definitely not! Love is love Chaeng. And, you are still you. You're still the sweetest and lovable baby cub we know.

I heard her giggle.

That's why I love you Unnie. She mumbled while facing the ceiling again.

My heart skip a beat. I pretended not to hear it but why I'm  feeling satisfied for the answers I'm getting.

I'm not staying here for a while. She suddenly said.

I furrowed my eyebrows to what she just said.

Why? I asked her.

I'm going to stay in my apartment. She said.

Why is that? Are you avoiding us? I asked her.

No. It's not like that. My parents are flying back here tomorrow. And, they saw the article. She explained.

I see. Did they scolded you? I asked her

Well, My mom did. She's furious. She said.

What about your father? I asked.

Well, he's just chill that it pissed my mom more. She said laughing.

Can I visit you in your apartment? You know my schedule is free right. I asked her.

Of course.. just let Dubu and Tzu accompany you Unnie. I want you to meet my family too. She said.

That will be our first time seeing your father. I added.

So, all of you are really curious about my family huh? She teasingly asked.

Yeah. Because you're so secretive Chaeng. I answered her while yawning.

I guess you are already tired. She said while fixing the comforter.

I stared at her and she stared back at me. Why she's like this?! We just stared each other for a minute.

Unnie... Thank you for defending and believing me. It means a lot to me.  Please stay by my side. She said smiling at me.

I don't know what happened to me but I hugged her. I hear her giggle.

Goodnight Minari.

Goodnight Chaengie.

--