Chapter 20

Recap: And apparently we weren't even halfway to our destination.

However, we had come to a stop. I looked around to see what was going on, when I heard a voice behind me.

AC: Hungry? We're making an early lunch stop. We also need gas for the bus.

B: Great! I am actually pretty hungry. I didn't get a chance to grab something for breakfast.

We all went inside to get food while "Potato" stayed back to get the tank filled. When he was done, he came in and joined us.

P: So, Bri. How has school been going? Have you been able to keep up with work?

B: The first few months were kind of rough. I was just trying to adjust to the new environment and circumstances. But other than that, it's been going great.

AC: Oh, speaking of school, I'm sure you have assignments for today that need to be done. So, when we get back to the bus, you can get started.

B: Seriously? Why do I have to do it right away? Can't I wait until later this afternoon?

AR: Nope. It's better to just get it done early in the day. Then you have the rest of the day to do whatever.

B: Whatever. I'm not doing it now. I'll do it when I feel like it.

A: Well, pretty soon, homework won't be the only thing you will feel like doing. Now stop whining and do what you are told. Remember what I said before we left.

After that, we went back to the bus. I got my laptop and acted like I was doing homework, but really I was watching YouTube. When I got bored, I closed my laptop and moved on with the day. However, like Rupp had said earlier, my not doing homework came back to bite me later that day...