Chapter 25: Graveyard

Graveyard, Great Sea
Ayanami POV

We have arrive the the Graveyard where we believe that the Ghost Ship is here with the treasure that will help me to get back to my own world after we fought at Forsaken Fortress against the pirates with the help the Flame Dragon. I can see a lot of ships all dead which is sad to me because I'm also a ship, but as a human form. Ghostwolf continue to make his way through the Graveyard while been careful because there are monsters here as well, but it's nothing we can handle. We continue to explore the Graveyard and try our best to find the Ghost Ship, but Ghostwolf has an idea.

Ghostwolf(speaker): "Use the Flames to find the Ghost Ship."

I put the Flames in front of the ship and notice that one of the Flames is shining brightly then the others so I order Ghostwolf to follow the Flames.

Ayanami: "Head West."

We head west until the flame in front of the ship is blight which it did, but we need to avoid the wreckage since we fear that it's going down if we aren't careful. We continue to use the flame to track the Ghost Ship, but it's getting darker the more we go deeper of the Graveyard. While we continue to move forward; I notice blue flames across the ships which Ghostwolf doesn't notice them at all. One of the blue flames approach the ship while the ship is moving. The flame start to talk to me.

???: "Are you here to die?"

Ayanami(confuse): "What?"

???: "I say that are you here to die?"

Ayanami: "No; I'm here for the Ghost Ship."

???: "You're not the only one. We all seek the Ghost Ship, but we have to pay the price of our greed. We're the souls of the ships that has become victim of the Ghost Ship."

So all the blue flames that I'm seeing are the souls of ships that is trapped in the Graveyard, but why am I the only one who can see it until I realize that I can see them because I'm also a ship. The blue flame continue to talk about the fates of the other ships that was here before us and meet the same fate as the others so they wonder if we're going to be the one that can break the cycle or suffer the same fate as them. The wreckage start to get closer together which is bad for us because the ship won't fit into it which cause Ghostwolf to stop the ship.

Ghostwolf(speaker): "Looks like we're going on foot here and scout up ahead."

I notice the flame in front of the ship is bright which means the Ghost Ship is beyond the wreckage of ships. We got off the Sovereign and walking on to the ship while I can still hear the voice of spirits of the ships.

???: "It hurts...... Someone help me.."

???2: "I want to go home."

The spirits continue to feel the pain that was cause by the Ghost Ship, but if we able to solve the Ghost Ship then we can release the souls that is trapped here. We continue to explore the wreckage until I notice something moving outside of the wreckage with dark blue flames following it. We decide to take a peek and see the ship that we're seeking.

 We decide to take a peek and see the ship that we're seeking

It was the ship with flowing blue flames following it.

Ghostwolf: "The Ghost Ship. So this is where it gone after it finish it's business at the Great Sea."

Ayanami: "What's the plan?"

Ghostwolf: "Get on board and see what treasure is lying inside it's hulls."

We continue to go through the wreckage to see if there are any way to grant access to the Ghost Ship which we notice a island right at the center of the Graveyard.

Ayanami(shock): "That island looks like a big giant fish creature's skull."

Ghostwolf: "Of course; that island is called Phantom Island. This island has a temple as well known as the Shadow Temple or known as the Temple of the Dead."

That sounds creepy, but probably more creepy then here, but our main focus is to find the treasure. We depart off the wreckage and notice a boat on the side of the ship so we decide to take it and heading to the island while avoiding the Ghost Ship so we can find a way to grant access to the vessel. We row the boat to the island until I notice ghostly face in the water which is creeping me out which Ghostwolf explains that the souls of the crew of this ships are trap here as well and the water bottom is full of dead bodies. We continue to head to Phantom Island.

To be Continued.....

Chapter 26: Darkness of Phantom Island