Bro

We meandered through the long hallways, still soaking wet, and I found myself wondering, yet again, why the gods were doing this to us.

A few of arguably the most powerful demigods in centuries were being forced to fight for their lives, and would most likely die. They must've had a motive to do this, right?

I will most likely die. The thought came so suddenly, I almost stopped walking. I know it seems stupid, but it only occurred to me just then that my life could end because of this game we were playing. The deaths of Katie and Leo still seemed unreal- it was like seeing the knife, knowing you had been stabbed, but not feeling the worst of the pain, not yet anyways.

If I wasn't murdered by an eidolon, I would drive myself insane with my philosophical, poetic thinking. I wished I could smack Apollo with one of his horrible haikus.

I also wished to be back at camp half-blood. I wished that I didn't have to worry about one of my friends killing me. I wished my biggest problem was arguing with Percy about whether or not all the blue food coloring he ate was good for his health.

Lots of wishing, but no doing. My entire life right now, described in six words plus a comma.

When we finally got to the central room, everyone else was already there. Thalia and Percy had apparently decided that they couldn't wait until we showed up, because the two were leaning across the table, at each other's throats. Annabeth was trying to talk some sense into them, and while it seemed to be working a bit for Percy, Thalia was not backing down.

"That's it, kelp head! Insult me one more time, and I'll incinerate you!" I flinched- it seemed like the argument had gotten a lot more personal.

"Oh yeah, pinecone face? Bring it on!"

Their faces were pressed so close together that their helmets were nearly bonking against one another. Jason was looking back and forth between them, his expression torn like he couldn't decide who to support.

"We're here now," Reyna said loudly, making everyone jump except Thalia and Percy, who were still glaring at each other. "And before we start playing the blame game with our emotions, I suggest we use logic first." She sidled up next to Thalia, squeezing her hand gently.

"What Reyna said," Annabeth agreed, putting a hand on Percy's shoulder. "Let's look at the facts."

We all gathered around the table, a group of traumatized ADHD demigods discussing a high-stakes issue with the knowledge that three of us were actually possessed killers. Given all that, I wouldn't be surprised if someone lost control of their powers and blew us up.

"I'll start." Thalia initiated the conversation. "Reyna's and Piper's groups were working in the same sector, just in separate rooms. The water line just above the room Piper and her group was working in burst. The doors also happened to be closed. Who else could have known the information and statistics so precisely?"

"I can explain." Percy looked like he wanted to say a lot more, but he allowed himself to relax a bit as he glanced over at Annabeth and took her hand. I got a horrible flashback to Leo saying the exact same thing, then dissolving, dying because we jumped to conclusions so quickly and didn't use our heads... I got so distracted that I missed the first part of Percy's explanation, but from the dubious expressions around the table, some people weren't convinced.

"I have a quick question for Percy." Reyna said before Thalia could start arguing again, giving the Hunter a look that was somewhere between warning and reassuring. "After you cleared the water away from our room, why did you just disappear with no warning? And how did you fix the machinery but not our suits?"