Oh, Look! Water!

"What?!"

"Unholy Hera, how are we going to do our tasks now?"

"We're all going to be killed!"

There was a sudden uproar as everyone started talking all at once, but Reyna just stared at Percy blankly. Frank also had an equally confused expression on his face, temporarily concealing his earlier emotions of shock and guilt.

Oh. I remembered they weren't there when Leo basically re-made the internet specifically for demigods- he built each of the cabins a little TV-like device, and though it was clunky and a bit hard to navigate at first, we had all quickly got addicted (What? Between training, suffering, and dying, we half-bloods get pretty bored). He programmed some games into the systems, so we ended up playing Among Us, with each cabin a character. He promised he had some awesome upgrades planned for the future, but now with him gone...

Curse the gods. I was missing Leo more with every passing second.

While Percy quickly explained the concept of venting to the Romans, I scanned the list of tasks, wondering which one my team and I were going to be assigned to. Hellhounds attacking the exterior of the ship, the air pressure in the oxygen stores going dangerously high, the main electricity unit short-circuiting, the defense machinery going haywire... The sheer number of technical issues was overwhelming, especially since we just lost our best electrician.

"You're right, the gods really got lazy on the creative aspect this time." Frank said heatedly. He reached out an arm next to him where Hazel would usually be, and his demeanor shifted from angry to furious, then to desperate when he realized she wasn't there.

"We really need to get to these tasks though," Annabeth was right- the amount of time we had left to both do what we needed to do and stay safe was rapidly dwindling. "I- I'm as tired and angry at the gods as you guys, but... we need to do this. For Katie. For Hazel." She looked at Travis and Frank respectively. "And now... for Leo. We need to pull through." She addressed all of us, and I was shocked to hear not even the slightest waver in her voice this time.

Everyone muttered in agreement, desperate for some sort of anchor in these rocky waters. I wasn't proud of it, but because of that... I was having suspicions about the daughter of Athena. She was levelheaded, mostly calm, and overall knew what she was doing. After two deaths and one injury, most of us were about to crack, yet Annabeth could just manage to keep us all together.

I shook my head, horrified. This was what the gods wanted, what they were trying to do- turn us against each other with no evidence. I was labeling a friend as an enemy just because she was trying to help.

"Is something wrong, Zhara?" I felt my face grow warm as everyone stared at me. "You were trembling- are you okay?" The worry in Annabeth's voice sounded so genuine; I felt another stab of guilt for wondering if she was a murderer.

"I'm fine," I mumbled, ducking my head so I didn't have to meet all those eyes. "Just..." I gestured vaguely with my right hand.

"I understand- how about you, Will, Nico, and Reyna go sort out the electrical unit? Maybe that'll help take your mind off... everything." I gave Annabeth a grateful smile. Of course, I would still be cautious, but now, I was almost sure that the daughter of Athena was trustworthy.

***

The imposters sure had timing.

I had just connected the last wire, all without strangling myself, when I heard a loud booming noise from the room next to the one I was in, where Piper's group was working. Then there was a whooshing sound like a large hose had started leaking, and a huge wall of water appeared in the doorway.