Chapter Eleven

(Pic; Kaiden)

Tate fell asleep around 2 in the morning, and that was when I left his room. He kept trying to talk and converse with me but I wasn't up to it at all.

Early in the morning, around eight o' clock, I heard knocking on my room door. Tiredly, I crawled out of bed and opened it. Tate was stood there with my blanket in hand.

He cleared his throat and kept his gaze on the ground, only looking up momentarily to talk, "morning."

I crossed arms over my chest and studied him. "Morning."

He finally looked up with such sincerity in his eyes. "Thank you for last night, my headache isn't as bad as it could've been." He said monotonously and stretched his arms out to give me the blanket. I took it from him, accidentally brushing my hands against his before putting it down on my bed. "I don't remember all of it but, I remember enough."

I cocked a brow at him but didn't say anything. He suddenly let out a deep breath and ruffled his hair up at the back. "Kaiden, my mum is coming today and I don't know what to do and I've got a headache."

"And you're telling me because?" I asked. He looked so vulnerable at the moment and I wanted to do nothing more than just hug the hell out of him and make him feel better but given the situation, it wouldn't probably just make him feel worse.

"You know how she is and after you told me that she you know what, I just lost all respect for her." He slumped in his place and I rolled my eyes and pulled him inside the room before closing the door behind him. If I didn't help solve this now, I'd feel terrible later on. Tate was my kryptonite and his own mother was his.

"Just... When she arrives, try your best to welcome her, at least. Don't be a dick to her, you don't have to be one just because she hurt me. She's your mother, Tate, you have to respect her. I know that we have a past but-"

I was cut off when he placed his hands on either side of my face and his lips tentatively kissed mine.

Was this real?

Before I could melt into those plump lips of his that I had dreamt about, I parted and looked at him with shock. He was looking back at me with the same complexion. "Why did you-"

"I was just doing what I felt." He said quietly and mouse like.

"You felt the need to kiss me?" I pursed my lips.

"No. Yes! No! I don't... I'm not sure." He stuttered for words and covered his face with his hands.

"But you said you didn't understand gay people and here you are, kissing another guy."

"I know but, I think I just kind of felt it."

"Don't bullshit me, Tate." I grit my teeth and moved his hands away from his face.

"I- forget it, okay? It didn't mean anything, I don't like guys." He shoved his hands into his pockets. "Can you just help me out though, she's going to be here soon and I want her to see you."

"What's your problem? Why are you all of a sudden taking sides? No, Tate. I will not follow you to go and see her." I crossed my arms over my chest again. His face softened and he looked sad for a moment but he went back to his usual blank stare and left the room.

When I heard the block door slam shut, I brought my hands to my hair and tugged at it. Why was Tate so annoying? Why did I have to get so close to him last night? What was up with that weird dream I had yesterday? Why the hell did he kiss me when he clearly doesn't understand my sexuality? According to him, I chose my path.