𝟎𝟎𝟏𝟗. BATTLEFIELD

❝𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍-𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋!❞ ✶· ༘ -͙˚ ༘ ⑅ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 nineteen ⑅· ༘ -͙˚ ༘✶

✶· ༘ -͙˚ ༘ ⑅ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 nineteen ⑅· ༘ -͙˚ ༘✶

       𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 beside Nathan as they waited for the Newborns to show up. To her right stood Rosalie, Emmett, and Esme, and on the left were Carlisle, Alice, and Jasper. The wolves were hidden nearby. They were the element of surprise against the enemy.

"Remember, stay close," Nathan voiced, looking over at his fiancée. His newest favorite term to call Gabriella the love of his life, the person he's going to spend the rest of his mortal life with.

"I should be telling you that," Gabriella replied with a small smile. "Remember the plan, don't take on more than you can chew."

Nathan nodded his head, "Yes, ma'am."

The sudden sound of rapid footsteps approaching far in the distance captured everyone's attention.

"They're here," Carlisle announced.

       𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐄, 𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 be seen playing with Cassie in his arms as he stood in the living room of the Mikaelson-Hale home, watching Laura sat in the living room surrounded by candles.

"Who's the most adorable baby ever?" Elliot asked the baby, only to receive a giggle in response. "That's right, you are."

"Could you keep it down, Eli? I'm trying to concentrate." Laura told the werewolf, closing her eyes.

"Concentrating on what?" Elliot questioned.

"The fight," Laura answered, focusing her magic to locate the battlefield.

     𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, the newborn army blitzes out of the woods and into the field! You could see the frenzy in their eyes. Their rabid thirst as they follow the scent of Bella's blood, but the scent trail ends here, leaving them in confusion.

Suddenly, something bolts from the trees with lightning speed and tackles a newborn. The other newborns spin to find a lethal-looking Jasper in a crouch beside his victim's body.

They rush towards Jasper, but three go down, tackled by Esme, Rosalie, Carlisle, Emmett, and Alice. As Gabriella blasted a stream of her blazing fire, pulverizing four newborns into dust, Nathan clawed at two of them to the ground.

Out of nowhere lunges, the alpha wolf, Sam, flanked by two wolves—tears a newborn to pieces before four other wolves dive into the fray.