0005. THE PACK

❝𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍-𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋!❞ ✶· ༘ -͙˚ ༘ ⑅ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 ⑅· ༘ -͙˚ ༘✶ ───────────────────────

✶· ༘ -͙˚ ༘ ⑅ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 ⑅· ༘ -͙˚ ༘✶ ───────────────────────

𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐇 of the governor's mansion on his phone, walking back and forth. He wanted to do something different today, knowing how trapped Gabriella must feel. Being locked in Mikaelson Witness Protection as his mate loves to call it, could drive a person insane especially when you have Klaus Mikaelson as one of your warden.

"So...when do we get to meet her?" The person asked.

"I—" Nathan is cut off by second voice.

"We do get to meet her, she's your imprint..."

"And a vampire." A third voice added on.

"We're a pack, Nate." The first person pointed out. "She's your imprint, making her a member of this pack."

"So bring her over." The second voice threw in.

"If you three let me talk, I was trying to say I was thinking about bringing her over to meet you guys." Nathan huffed out. "Glad to know some things haven't changed."

ೃ⁀➷

𝐆𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 was leaning against the headboard of her bed, continuing read Chapter 24 of What To Expect When Your Expecting. This was something she did weekly, keeping up with her pregnancy timeline.

Suddenly, a knock on the doorframe turned her attention to see Nate.

"Hey," Gabriella greeted him.

"Hey," He replied before a chuckle escaped his lips as he saw the cover of the familiar book. "Still reading the book?"

"Well considering that I was almost killed by a doctor two months ago, this book is the closest thing I've got to a regular checkup." Gabriella voiced, peering over the book.

Nathan chuckled. "Still not gonna let that go?"

"Nope." Gabriella shot back.

"How would you feel about meeting a few of my friends?" Nathan questioned her.

"Do these friends know about our magical baby?" Gabriella asked.

"No, they do not, but I think it would be better if they found out in person. So what do you say?"

Gabriella did a split second decision before putting the book onto her lap and answering, "I would love to, but..."