39. The Kids Are Alright

Börja om från början

"And you think that this is a case?"

"Well, I don't know. Could be."

"I don't know, Dean. I–I–"

"All right, there's something better... better in Cicero than just a case."

"And that is?"

"Lisa Braeden."

Sam sighed. "Should I even ask?"

"Remember that road trip I took, uh... gosh, about eight years ago now? You were in Orlando with Dad wrapping up that banshee thing."

"Yeah. Yeah, the five states, five-day–"

Dean laughed. "Yeah. Well, kind of. Although I spent most of my time in Lisa Braeden's loft."

"So let me get this straight. You want – you want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?"

"She was a yoga teacher. It was the bendiest weekend of my life. Come on. Have a heart, huh? It's my dying wish."

"Yeah, well, how many dying wishes are you gonna get?"

"As many as I can squeeze out. Come on. Smile, Sam! God knows I'm gonna be smiling after 24 hours with Gumby girl." He chuckled to himself; Sam laughed too, a little. "Gumby girl." He frowned. "Does that make me Pokey?"

"I go?" Kit asked.

"Sure, kiddo."

Kit clapped her hands and grabbed a handful of mac-and-cheese and happily ate it.

Dean chuckled softly and wiped her face and bands.

EXT. MOTEL - DAY

Pulling up outside a motel, Cicero Pines Motel, in Cicero, Indiana, Dean stopped to let Sam out.

"Don't wait up for us, Sammy," Dean said.

Dean started to drive off as Sam was still pulling his bag out of the car, teasing him.

"Wait, Dean. Dean, you... Dean!" Sam called.

Dean and Kit drove off. Sam was left standing there.

Dean and Kit drove through a suburban development, past houses being newly constructed and a sign for the "Morning Hill" neighborhood that noted "SOLD OUT!".

EXT. LISA'S HOUSE - DAY

Outside a nicely kept suburban house, with festive balloons, Dean, holding Kit's hand, rang the doorbell.

The door opened to reveal Lisa; late twenties, brunette, very fit. Dean smiled awkwardly and Kit hid behind her father; Lisa stared at him in confusion for a moment, then recognized him.

Lisa, with a big smile, exclaimed, "Dean!"

"Lisa. How's it going?" Dean asked.

"Wow. So, uh, how long has it been?"

"Eight, going on nine years now. Crazy, right?"

"Yeah. So, what are you doing here? Who's the little girl?"

"Oh, I was just – I was passing through, and, uh, I couldn't resist. I remember that you love surprises. This is my daughter Kit."

Lisa chuckled. "Yeah. Dean Winchester. Wow. Just... wow. I'm – I'm sorry. You two kind of came at a bad time. We're having a party."

"A party? Well, I love parties." He hinted, with a smile.

Kit smiled shyly. "Paty?"

The party was in the backyard.