8.From Rag to Fab

Friday

"Wow, there are posters up. They're going to be a ball at the Hylton Hotel for all 5th formers."

Kelly said as Magnolia read the paper with Xander with Xander standing behind her. The ball was tomorrow and even if she wanted to go, where was she going to get a dress, or her hair done, or even the money to pay $6000 for a ticket, and then to find another $5000 for her hair and about $10000 to find a decent dress and about $5000 for slippers. It was all too much. She thought as she walked past on her way to class.

"Aren't you excited?"

Xander asked trying to figure out what she was thinking.

"What's the point of getting excited about somewhere I can't go?"

Magnolia asked as Xander stopped her and forced her to face him.

"Do you want to go with me?"

Xander asked as Magnolia nodded.

"But?"

She started as Xander put a finger to her lips.

"No buts? This weekend we go shopping for everything you need, and I plan to introduce you to my parents."

Xander said as Magnolia's demeanor changed.

"What if they don't like me? What if they don't like the fact that I'm poor? What if..."

Magnolia asked as Xander silenced her.

"They will like you. And fortunately for you, I'm rich enough for the both of us."

Xander said laughing.

"I have biology now."

Magnolia said as Xander nodded.

"I know."

Xander said as he escorted Magnolia to the lab.

                                                                                       *****

"So that completes the male reproductive system. Now we're on the female reproductive system."

Mr. Hall said as Magnolia entered the lab.

"Nice of you to join us. So, what's the excuse?"

Mr. Hall asked as Magnolia opened her mouth to talk.

"She's out trying to get a particular person's attention and from the looks of things she's got it."

Allison smirked as Mr. Hall smiled and hushed her in.

"Well then, pay keen attention to this lesson about sexual reproduction and the upcoming one about contraceptive methods."

Magnolia sat in her seat, blushing to the roots.

                                                                                                    *****

End of school

"I mean I was so embarrassed when Allison brought up our relationship to Mr. Hall, and then she told me to pay close attention to the lesson about sexual reproduction, and that I need to pay attention to the upcoming lesson on contraceptives."

At that, Xander started to laugh loudly.

"Xander, it's not funny."

Magnolia said fighting the urge not to laugh with him.

"It's very funny, have you given any thought to start taking them?"

Magnolia asked as they both looked at each other in an awkward silence.