3.Cinderella and a Beat

Music class wasn't as nice as she thought it would be. Miss Campbell was upset that she haven't get brought a recorder so that she could play. But for her that was unavoidable. It was a simple choice between food or a recorder. It was a no-brainer as to which she would choose.

"You have been saying that for weeks now."

Miss Campbell said as she stood in front of her.

"I know Miss Campbell but I really cannot afford it. My mom says that things are tight now so as soon as she gets some money, she'll buy me a new one."

Magnolia said honestly as Ms. Campbell sighed. In her defense, Magnolia has had the same stories since the first form, and no she was in the fifth form and still the same old story.

"Okay, you may borrow mine."

Miss Campbell said handing Magnolia her recorder. She only had to hear something being played once for her to pick up the rhythm.

"We are going to play the notes on the board. The class you can play it on the recorder and I'll see it on the piano."

Miss Campbell said as Magnolia reads her hand.

"Yes, Courtney."

Ms Campbell said acknowledging her sweetly.

"Can you play it on the piano first please?"

Magnolia asked Miss Campbell smiled and played all the piano. The song that was played was Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie by Arlissa, as both Xander and Magnolia took turns singing:

Magnolia:

It's not what you said
It's how you said it
And don't say you love me
When you know you'll regret it

Xander:

It's not what we did
It's what we didn't
We've been losing time and
Don't know how to admit it

Both:

When Love doesn't feel right
We get along
Get along on the outside
Head out the door
What are hearts on the inside

When Love doesn't feel right
We get along
Get along on the outside
Head out the door
But our hearts on the inside.

Magnolia:
We're half of the same
Don't take that the wrong way

Xander:
You know what I mean
Hearts ain't going to lie

Both:

You were the one
One that I wanted
But you know people change
We're not the same
When we started

Cause hearts ain't going to lie

As Magnolia and Xander ended their songs, Miss Campbell looked at them in amazement. She would never imagine that to do it had such powerful voices especially when they sang together.

"That was wonderful."

Miss Campbell said as Magnolia went back to her seat. Everyone already knew that Xander could sing but it was the first time they were heard in Magnolia, and everyone was forced to recognize her talent.

"Thank you."

Courtney said politely as she blush. She tried to look as presentable as she could under the scrutiny of her classmates. She looks at the door trying to judge the distance between her and running away from peering eyes.

"DeAndre Cole, you're late for my class."

Miss Campbell said as DeAndre smiles at her

"Sorry teach, I got a little delayed."