2.English Lesson

"See to it that you men do not despise one of these little ones for I tell you that their angels in the heavens always before the face of my father who's in the heaven; Mathew 18:10"

Ana read as everyone listened attentively. She was the head girl for the entire school, aka. the principal's pet. The whole school had to stand in queues according to their class and grade.

To illustrate from left to right, there would be 7a, 7b, and then 7c. The next would be 8a and so on. 7a consist of students whose averages were 80% and above, 7b consisted of persons whose average was above 50% and 7c consisted of persons whose average was below 50%.

She was placed in 11c, although her average was 72.5%, they had purposefully placed her in a lower grade and called it a "clerical error".

As the smell of food resonated from the kitchen, she wondered if they could get the chef to spare whatever little might be left over from breakfast that was prepared that morning.

She was really hungry, and as the principal, Mr. Brown came up and started to read the averages of all who had done well the previous year.

He read those with 90% average, 80% average, the. 70% average, but the moment he saw Magnolia's name, he skipped over it, not wanting her to be commended for her hard work as he felt she didn't deserve to be commended. After the devotion was over, Magnolia walked into his office.

"You wanted to see me?"

Magnolia asked Mr. Brown as she sat in the chair opposite his.

"Who gave you permission to seat!"

Mr. Brown shouted angrily and indignantly. Embarrassed, Magnolia sprang out of the seat as quickly as lightning.

"I'm sorry sir, I just assumed..."

Magnolia started to explain as Mr. Brown looked at her with disdain.

"Well, you assumed wrong."

He shouted at her as she shrank back from embarrassment.

"About the incident this morning, Mr. Wright said that you were disrespectful to him and that you were inappropriately attired for school."

Mr. Brown retorted as Magnolia opened her mouth to try and explain what had happened. He cut her off before she could even utter a word.

"Don't you dare open your mouth and try to excuse your inappropriate behavior!"

Mr. Brown cautioned as he walked up to her. She carried a few books in her hand.

"Where's your school bag?"

He asked angrily as Magnolia looked down ashamed.

"I can't afford one sir."

Magnolia said honestly as Mr. Brown readied his ruler. Magnolia held out her palm, as the sting reddened her palm.

"Liar, you should know, I despise liars., and I hate lying."

Mr. Brown said as he watched her cry. A smile crept its way onto his face.

"And your uniform, why is the color faded, and the hem torn? For God's sake, it's the start of a new year, so the least you could do is to make sure that the white blouse for school, is white, and not yellowed by dirt."

Mr. Brown said looking for ways to further humiliate her. Maybe this was the only way for her to take a good look in the mirror, and make some changes. As he continued to criticize her.

"Your hem is loose, your socks and shoes are dirty and falling apart, and your hair..."

Mr. Brown said as Magnolia cast her eyes down to the floor in shame.