5.As easy as Pi

"Pi-=3.13"

Their Mathematics teacher Mr. Whitter said as Magnolia raised her hand to ask a question.

"Any Questions?"

Mr. Whitter asked as Courtney flashed her hand frantically like a mad woman, trying to get his attention. Xander noticed her frantic attempt and watched as the teacher continued to ignore her. Xander raised his hand. No sooner, he was acknowledged by Mr. Whitter. (So, it wasn't a case where he needed his eyes checked), apparently, he was blinded to classism.

"Yes Xander?"

Mr. Whitter asked nicely. He knew what kind of student Xander was. Both of his parents currently sit on the board for the high school. One word to his parents, and Xander had the ability to make or break careers.

"I believe that Magnolia has a question that she would like to ask."

Xander said as Mr. Whitter recovered from his original shock and turned to face Magnolia.

"Yes Magnolia."

Mr. Whitter said as if he was irritated that he would have to listen to a question that she posed.

"That equation is incorrect sir. It reads Pi=3.13, but it should be Pi= 3.14"

Magnolia said as Mr. Whitter's face turned red with embarrassment at being corrected by a person of Magnolia's stature.

"How dare you think that you can correct me? I would like to see the degree that you possess in mathematics that I don't know about?"

Mr. Whitter said harshly as Magnolia hung her head in shame and embarrassment.

"She's right."

Xander said as Xander took out his smart phone and quickly searched for it on google and pointed the phone at him. Mr. Whitter adjusted his glasses on his nose, a clear sign that he was flustered.

"Whatever. Get back to your seat. Let us do another equation."

Mr. Whitter said trying to shift the class's focus on his huge blunder to some schoolwork. Magnolia smiled shily at Xander. He had stood up for her. No one had ever stood up for her before. After the class finished an hour later, everyone hurriedly filled out of the room for their lunch time. Magnolia knew that there was no lunch for her to get to, so all she could do, was to hope that she would get some peace and quiet in her life.

"Who do you think you are?"

Ashley asked the moment she settled herself under a tree to enjoy the remnants of a less than ideal day,

"I do not understand what you mean, you'll have to be more specific."

Magnolia said cheekily as Ashley sat down beside her.

"I saw you looking at Xander."

Ashley said clearly upset with the attention she was garnering from Xander. I guess she didn't know what to make of it, but truthfully neither did she. 'What does a socially adept man like Xander want with the likes of her?'

"Don't think that we all don't know who your mother is, and how she earns her keep, lying on her back, like the whore she is. I guess it is no surprised that you decided to follow suit. Because that pussy between your legs is the only thing you have to offer a man like Xander."

Ashley said as Magnolia didn't refute the claim. A spade was a spade, and her mother was everything Ashley had made her out to be, no she was worse. The tears of the admission were more than what she could bare and all she wanted to do in that moment was to disappear.

"I have to go."

Magnolia said as she pushed past Ashley and tried to get as far away from those awful people as she possibly could. The only thing that would quite the storm that was currently threatening to spill from her was music. So she did what she knew she was good at, writing a song.