4.Some Damsel

"You're home early."

Kayla said as she tried to fix her appearance the moment Magnolia walked into their home. Her blouse was crumbled and her skirt had ridden up, exposing a bit of her underwear.

"A friend dropped me off."

Magnolia said as she made her way to her room. Kayla muttered something to the man in the room and she made her way to Kayla's room.

"What friend?"

Kayla asked as Magnolia blushed slightly.

"I met him today. He saved me from some thugs and he gave me a ride home."

Magnolia said honestly as her mother left the room and came back. She threw down a handful of condoms on the bed.

"What are these for?"

Courtney asked looking at her mother, not quite believing that her mother was giving her condoms. Kayla looked at her daughter in disbelief.

"Surely you have seen a condom before."

Kayla said as Magnolia quickly picked them up and placed them on the counter in embarrassment. Kayla laughed at her daughter's obvious embarrassment and reaction.

"Of course, I've seen a condom, but I was wondering why you were giving it to me?"

Magnolia asked as Kayla walked over to her and sat on the bed beside her.

"Well, if you have friends dropping you off, and saving you from bullies, then eventually he is going to want something in return."

Kayla said as she fixed her make-up and pulled down her skirt.

"No Mom, it ain't nothing like that."

Magnolia said as her mom smiled.

"Yeah, maybe not yet."

Kayla teased as she pinned around in front of Magnolia.

"How do I look?"

Kayla asked as Magnolia smirked

"Slutty."

She said honestly as Kayla laughed

"Perfect."

Kayla said as she turned and walked out.

"Here is $500, buy a sardine or a corned beef or something. Rice is under the counter."

Kayla called out as Magnolia nodded as she left. Tia-Marie and Mishanna came into the board kitchen.

"I'm hungry."

Tia-Marie said as Magnolia looked at her sister

"Me too."

Mishanna added as Magnolia smiled.

"That's good because I'm just about to cook dinner."

Magnolia said as she went into the kitchen and started to prepare dinner. After an hour it was finally finished and she share dinner with them.

As they sat in the one bedroom eating, gunshots rang out, as Magnolia hustled her sisters under the bed. The house was made of board, so that provided no resistance to bullets.

She knew exactly what was happening. There was a clash between two of the major gangs: One Man's Gang and Hot Steppas Gang.

Clashes between these two gangs happened now and again when they both battled for territorial rights, drugs, and against the police.

"Are we going to die?"

Tia-Marie asked as Magnolia held her.

"Close your eyes and sleep it will be all over soon."