Chapter 14

SILAS POV

"Shit." I curse as I take off my heels and go back to running.

maybe I should text Manuel.

I stop running and quickly grab my phone from my pocket and go straight to Manuel's contact

Me:Manuel I need you. no questions
just come to my house .

Manuel: Got it I'm by your house anyway.

Manuel: are you okay ma?

Me: I'm fine but not so sure abt my
family.

Manuel: on my way.

I let out a sigh and start running and I realize how stupid I must look. I stop running and put my heels back on. If I have to fight might as well look good doing it.

I strap my heels back on and cross the street heading to my house to see the gate open and guards knocked unconscious laying on the ground.

I hear a car coming fast from behind me and turn to see Manuel's car, he doesn't even worry about where he parks he just jumps out of the car and runs towards me.

"Silas what the hell happened are you okay?" He grabs my face and inspects it for any injuries.

I grab his hands off my face and look up at him "Just be ready to fight." I say and I see Manuel grabbing his gun from his holster.

We walk up to the house and see the door is open. Me and Manuel glance at each other before nodding and walking into the house.

"I'll take the right you take the left." I whisper. He looks down at me and nods "be careful." He whispers back before walking to the kitchen.

I turn and carefully walk towards the living room and hide behind the wall. I peek my head out and see my family all tied up and sitting on the ground. Serena isn't anywhere in sight. Awesome.

Rocco looks at me from where he's sitting and sees my head poking out of the wall. His eyes widen and he squirms in the rope that's restraining him from making any movement.

Carlos picks up his head and drags his gaze to where Rocco was looking at and his eyes also widen. he shakes his head and guy that was watching everyone notices this and turns around to see what he was looking at.

But before he noticed me I quickly back away from the wall. I roll my eyes. why the hell would he make it so obvious. I peek my head back out and see the guy turn back towards Carlos and punch him across the face. Carlos head turns to the side with a groan as blood drips from his nose.

I smile. at least someone did it. I shake my head Okay Silas let's get back to what you were doing.

I quietly walk in the living room and my family's eyes turn to me as I slowly sneak up behind the guy. He also notices this and is about to turn around but before he can I grab the knife that was hiding in my bra and slit his throat. He grabs his throat and starts gasping for air as he falls to his knees.

Rocco makes a noise and I look at him as he looks behind me. sensing something bad is about to happen I grab the guy from his knees and turn around with him in my arms as he covers my body.