Ch.9 - Forward Unto Dawn

The elevator doors opened as attention was drawn from the guards, before a few fiery daggers were thrown out, hitting those guards who were about to open fire and alert the area with their gunfire.

Out stepped Pike first, he walked up to a dead guard's corpse and pulled the dagger out of his head as the others walked in behind him.

"I know they're clones and all, but... Was that really necessary?" Kid Flash asked as he got a look from Y/N.

"It's my job. They're clones, who are only used as an army, not to have live a life" he told him with a cold voice.

"Next time, you should tell Superboy that" Rose chimed in.

"Enough distractions! We've got a job to do ~" Supergirl broke up whatever was going to be said next, speaking before Nightwing would do the same thing, his mouth shut afterwards now that Kara told them for him - "Where do we go from here? Is this the part where we split up?" the Kryptonian asked Y/N next.

"Precisely, we'll split up as originally planned. Nightwing, take the Titans to the left hall, from the schematics of this map, that hall should lead you to the main laboratories where their research and experiments are held. While me and Supergirl find and capture their leader. Knowing he'll be in his main office. And remember, coms are scrambled under here, we'll all meet up at the elevator once our objectives are met" he gave a rundown of the plan again, though he was worried about the lack of Addison around. He felt suspicious about it.

But he insisted she'd be fine, he knows Addison, she's a great fighter and one of the few that's on par with Y/N's fighting skill, but it still worried him.

'Why would Addison just, leave us like that?'

"Alright, Titans! On me!" Nightwing led his group, all rushed down the hallway with him until it was just Pike and Supergirl left together.

"Well, that's our que to go" she shrugged, before floating off the ground, quickly flying herself over to the other hallway to the left before she stopped herself, noticing her ex wasn't moving at all. He was in a trance.

She floated herself over to him before her feet touched the ground gently and outstretched a hand to him which touched his shoulder.

"Hey ~" she shook Y/N out of his little daydream - "You okay?" she asked her puzzled ex with notable concern, to why he was in a trance.

"I'm fine ~" he shook his head, turning himself around to face her as she reeled back her hand and arm - "Let's go find him"

*

(The Old Office)

Down in the hallway that led up to his office, were knocked out and KIA guards, he watched from the security cameras displayed on the miniature set of monitors on the side of his desk.

He knew they were already here from the start, he had a feeling it was bound to happen, after all... Pike was after him.

In a way... He felt... Proud to see Pike, how he had been told about him and the things he had accomplished. He never thought he'd get to interact with him.

Again...

And yet... He knows that Pike hadn't gotten a clue who he really is, who the new leader really is.

"Boss! We've got intruders in the main laboratories! It's the Titans! I thought their attack was being called off?!" Merrith the Enforcer spoke through gritted teeth on the communicator on his desk.

"Yes, but it is very likely that they don't know because their communications would be jammed. Don't kill them, they are not to be killed of any circumstances" the boss spoke back with a commanding voice of reason.