Ch.4 - Kneuna City

It wasn't long ago that Y/N was carried out the hidden tunnel's entrance by Supergirl, both at the moment shared no words during the flight back to the ship, the only sound was the soft wind and her cape flapping behind her as she flew herself and him above the city below.

Kara had thoughts running in her head, knowing she disobeyed an order Y/N gave her and had that feeling he wasn't very happy with her, she could tell just by looking at him and being given the silence treatment from him - a backfire to her since she used to do it when she got mad at him back then; He even didn't bother looking at her during the flight out the tunnel.

She felt her words choking at the back of her throat, afraid to even say something to him or anything, afraid to even speak. Hell, she's the Girl of Steel; nothing scares her much, she's overcame her fears like Brainiac and such... 

But just one young boy was scaring her the most that he could probably make Darkseid shake in his Apokoliptian boots with that aura of his around him. She hated it, she really does. Being scared by him, knowing what he was going to say if she even opened her mouth.

With a deep breath... She found her words again before exhaling - "I... Know you're mad at me for back there... You don't need to say anything since... I can tell ~" she spoke, gaining his attention as his ear perked up a little - "I'm sorry... Though I've said it many times already, I don't think that'll be enough for disobeying your order..." she went silent again, not going to continue explaining since it wouldn't be worth it, she disobeyed an order which she specifically promised she'd follow his direct orders before boarding his ship back at Wayne Manor.

The boy was still quiet as a fossil, he waited to see if Kara had anymore words to share but... She didn't, he also had thoughts in his head, if it weren't for her unexpected save, maybe that Shadow Warrior would've succeeded in stabbing him since he didn't sense that attack at all...

"No... Don't be sorry ~" he spoke, looking at her as she took a glance at him - "In other words, I think I should thank you, you actually saved me from getting stabbed when I couldn't sense the attack coming" this had took her by utter surprise, she thought he'd get mad over the fact she disobeyed an order, she still felt a sick feeling in her stomach about it but it began to ease a little upon hearing this.

"Oh... Um... You're welcome?" the Kryptonian said with slight confusion, but she smiled anyway, smiling at him as his grew a little.

'Rhearl, I miss her smile at times' he thought to himself, her smile really lifted up the mood back then as a memory brought it back to him today.

But the smiles soon faded as a thought came to their minds, how did he not sense the attack coming? Which had worried the two as they thought about it themselves.

"But I don't get how I/you did not -" the both spoke in unison, both glancing at each other with surprised looks on their faces, a blush of embarrassment rushing up the blonde girl's face.

"Um... *clears throat* sorry *embarrassed chuckle before clearing throat again* How did you not sense the attack coming? You've always sensed when to avoid my attacks or anyone else's?" she asked him curiously but with worry, he thought for a moment since he thought the exact same thing.

"I don't even know how... But I did sense a form of dark magic when he pulled the blade on me, such dark magic is rarer today in our culture, I've specifically never dealt with dark magic before but from the old tales? It's a raw power, it corrupts those with a weak mind ~" he explained - "Maybe that dark magic is what concealed my senses from detecting the sudden cheap shot, luckily you saved me from getting impaled" he continued.