As above; So below(Part 2)

{We got the below, so maybe it's time for some above}
.
.
.
At some point during the day you had fallen asleep, too emotionally exhausted to deal with your feelings while awake.

At least that was your plan, until you were woken up by someone joining you in your bed. Their warm embrace enveloping you like a weighted blanket. Turning your head you are actually able to see who it is....

It's Edd...and he looked awful.

His eyes had dark circles underneath them and, if you looked hard enough, there were pale streaks of dried tears running down his face.

You would've questioned why he basically came into your room and took over your bed, but opted not too after feeling him nuzzle closer into the back of your neck.

However, you did want to question why Tom also decided to join you both on your bed; cuddling your other side.

You were practically sandwiched between the boys at this point, both of them seeking comfort from you....you gave them comfort. Now that was a new feeling. Usually you were the one to seek out comfort, yet now it was different.

As uncomfortable as it may be you stayed still, one arm wrapped around Tom while the other rested on Edd's arms around your waist.

It took a while but all three of you soon drifted off into a dreamless slumber, hearts heavy with sadness and uncertainty. The night a pale reminder of the darkness that was soon to come for you and your friends

Morning's dew, though a normally beautiful sight to see outside your bedroom window, only served to rip a groan from your chest. You were never really a morning person to begin with, but now it seemed even worse.

You were going to turn over and snuggle deeper into Edd but for some reason he wasn't there, nor was Tom. A yell of panic was threatening to spill from your lips until you heard the familiar sound of pans being set on the stove as well as Tom's iconic cursing.

Getting out of bed you quietly made your way out of your room, overhearing the boys talking in a whisper. Now you weren't one to snoop or eavesdrop, your time at the Red Army teaching you better, but you couldn't help it when you heard your name pop up in conversation.

Being as silent and stealthy as you could you hid behind a wall and listened in, trying to hear what they were saying.....

"Y'think we can do it? It'll be a long ways away and we'll have to leave everything behind but....it'll be safer"

"It'll be for the best, I know that, I'm just—worried about them....."

A pause of silence filled the house, the only noise being a crackling of eggs cooking and the subtle breathing of the two boys. Edd sighed after a moment and continued

"Let's wait until they're up, they deserve to have a say in this. They've gone through enough already"

"Alright, you're right..."

And with that it went back to silence, a heavy weight hanging above all of you. What were they even talking about? There really was only one way to find out, and they did say they would tell you so it wasn't like they're trying to hide

With another heavy sigh you walk out to join them, pretending to not have overheard them and faking a small yawn. Ok, well, it wasn't really fake since you were still very tired but still!

Edd smiled softly and brought you into a side hug, pressing his face a bit into your hair and closing his eyes for a moment. After reluctantly letting go he went back to making breakfast, Tom giving you the same soft smile and a playful nudge.

"Morning sleepy head, get enough rest?"

You just nod, not wanting to speak just yet. It wasn't that early in the morning, maybe around 9:30-10, but to you it felt like 3am. Sitting down at the table you glance between the two boys, who seemed hesitant to speak as if at a loss for words.

Finally Edd breaks the awkward tension, serving you a plate of eggs and bacon with a slice of toast, doing the same for himself and Tom

"Listen...there's something we need to ask you about. Me and Tom have already discussed everything, I just need you to listen and then tell me your thoughts....ok?"

The way Edd looked at you was almost pleading, he needed to tell you, you needed to know. But most of all he wanted to hear your voice, as silly as it might've sounded he loved hearing you talk. It eased his mind like nothing else. You nod once more, but this time also spoke softly to show you were actually listening

"Ok....? What's this about Edd?"

"We—" he glances over at Tom for support, the other male nodding for Edd to continue "We...me and Tom, have been thinking of relocating to a different bunker farther away. It won't solve our problem either you know who, but it'll give us time"

Another long beat of silence, then Tom starts to speak

"There's a place I know of in an empty city not too far away from here, about a day's trip on foot, it's off the radar and not even Red Leader knows of its existence. Only problem is....we'd have to leave tonight. Which is why we need your thoughts"

"You have a choice in this matter, if you wanna stay we can, if you want to leave we will....no one's going to tell you which is right or wrong and we will stay with you no matter what you choose. We just want you safe...and happy"

Both men wait for you to speak, not pressuring for you to hurry or trying to persuade you one way or another. And you did think about it

On one hand, this small bunker had become your home, a safe haven away from all the torment of your past life that you could share with Edd and now Tom. A place holding so many memories and meaning...

But it wasn't safe for you to stay

On the other hand, relocating to a safer bunker would be just that; safer. It might not be the same as what you had but new memories could be made and it could become home. With your friends at your side anywhere would be better.

But you'd have to give up nearly everything.

Both options had pros and cons, but one was clearly the obvious choice. And as much as it pained you, you knew what must be done.

Looking down you poke at your lovingly made breakfast with a sigh, your answer at the tip of your tongue....

"I—"

.........

{BOOM—another cliffhanger! About time I posted a new chapter on here. Hope you guys like it😘}