Forever Never Lasts

{hit ya with the good feels, now to hit ya with da sad}
.
.
.
Going into the living room you sat down in an empty seat across from Tom. Edd was still somewhere in the kitchen but you didn't really mind, he was obviously embarrassed and needed a bit of space to get ahold of himself.

Plus, it gave you a few minutes to talk one on one with Tom.

"Really enjoyed your performance in there. You guys entering into a contest or somethin' ?"

You rolled your eyes, "Oh shut up. How long were you standing there anyway?"

"Heh, probably halfway through. Recorded a bit if you wanna watch." He pulled out his phone, dangling it between his fingers.

"TOM!"

You reached over and hit his arm, also attempting to grab his phone away from him.

"Nah nah nah, I'm keeping this. You can have a peak when you decide to calm down."

God did he irritate you, in the best and worst ways possible. Your arms crossed as you leaned forward, wanting to see the video. You weren't happy about it but you were interested on how you both looked.

After confirming you were gonna behave Tom pulled up the video, hitting play and holding the little devise so you could see the entire thing.

And low and behold there you two were. Lost in your own worlds as music played in the background.

Looking closer at the video you noticed Edd'a gaze had been on you for a longer period of time than you initially thought. It seems he too was thinking. Of what you couldn't pinpoint but you just knew.

The video ended and Tom put the phone back into his pocket, smirking as he did so. His entertainment not over just yet.

Not willing to bite into his trap, you changed the subject, leaning into the arm of the couch and unraveling your crossed arms.

"So, how're things at the base? If you don't mind me asking."

His face fell from the cocky smirk into one of unreadable emotions. Tom sighed. That was not a good sign, ever

"It's..fine."

His eyes fell to the ground. He was holding back on something.

"Tom, you know I can tell when you're lying. What's going on?"

Concern and a pinch of panic rose through your words. The light brunette slumping down even further into the cushion, burying his face in his hands.

"Tor- Red Leader. He.....he's found a lead. On you."

Tom's voice died at the end. He hated having to relay that news to you. You were finally, finally happy and he had to tare that happiness to shreds.

Your voice also went dead. A spark of fear coursing through the pit of your stomach. Your throat was drying up, hands gripping onto your knees for stability.

"how?"

It was all you could say. You were so careful on what you did. So careful with going outside. What did you do so wrong that caught the attention of the one man you were hiding from?

"I don't know. He hasn't given any more information except the lead." His head lifted from his hands, looking at you with full remorse and sadness. And then, panic.

"Me and Matt were so careful when visiting, I promise!!" He urged this information onto you, "We would never tip him off, you know that....right?"