News from Verona

{Romeo and Juliet references? I am not sorry}
.
.
.
It was midnight before you or Edd had started to feel any wave of sleepiness hit your bodies. Which was rare to say the least in this household.

But it wasn't unwelcome. Just gave the two of you more time to console one another.

The later half of your night consisted of you both just sitting on the paint splattered floor crying into one another's shoulders as you talked about your thoughts and the situation at hand.

It was liberating and more than anything it was comforting.

Edd had shared earlier memories pf his past, the beginning of his friendships and the sad ending to one after another.

The story of the end, the end of Tord's attachment to Edd, to their home, was most upsetting.

Not only had he killed an innocent bystander, a
neighbor named Jon from what you could recall, but he had tried to kill Tom.

A person so close to the Red Leader himself. A person tampered with and manipulated. An empty husk forced to do an evil man's bidding.

All you wanted to do right then was to grab that low life and be his personal karma. Dishing out more than what he had done to others.

But the brunette was quick to stop those thoughts.

"I understand your anger, trust me, I should know." He grabbed your shoulder softly yet firm, "but thinkin like that just makes you stoop to his level."

"I know Edd but-"

"No 'buts'. I am not letting you go down that road, cause once you do you can't come back. He'll get what's coming to him."

"How though? He's literally unstoppable! Armies can't even defeat him, so how are we?"

-knock-

-knock-

Silence.

No one ever knocked on the door.

You and Edd stared at each other, a ping of fear dropping your stomach.

The brunette moves slowly towards the shot gun he held not too long ago, grabbing it and motioning you to get down and hide.

Mouthing to be quiet as he slinked off towards the door. You did as you were told.

Even if you wanted to any and all words got caught in your throat. Hindering your ability to talk.

A few minutes passed and you heard two sets of foot steps nearing where you were. One stopping a few feet while the other continued.

"Hey... everything's alright. You can come out." Edd bent down to your eye level, a smile adorning his scruffy face, "He's back"

"He's.....back?"

It took a second for you to understand what he had meant, but when that last light bulb flicked on you bolted up from your hiding spot. Running into the arms of your long awaited friend.

"TOM!"

"Y/n!"

You and Tom clung together in a tight embrace. Holding onto one another in an attempt to both calm and ground yourselves.

The void-eyed male's chest heaving as soft hiccups spilled from his mouth. Tears staining his face. His goggles noticeably missing as well as his usual attire.

Right now he was dressed in a raggedy t-shirt, pants and old combat boots. A warm jacket wrapped around his figure.

All softer materials than the old uniforms you were basically stuffed into. And all a welcome touch to his heating hugs.