Waking up Dreaming

[I'm running out of photos:( ]
.
.
.
You didn't want to wake up. You just wanted to stay in the warm bed all day. Memories of last night's nightmare replayed over and over in your mind. It felt so real, too real for your liking.

And you knew it could happen. That was the worst part. The odious man who plagued your fears was that terrible. He would stoop to those extremes to get back at you. To get you back.

Reality had sucked and now you had no safe heaven in your dreams. The pain and terror seeping into your slumber. You just wanted it to end.

Shifting away from the wall you had been facing, you finally noticed the gripping weight around your torso. A prominent heat signature pressing softly against your frame. You also noticed the low rumble of a calm purr just above your head.

The purring you knew to be Ringo, no cat had ever been kept in the base so you knew you were still safe, and the fluffy feline would usually accompany you during the later half of the night until morning. When she would go and bother her owner.

Opening your eyes slowly, you peaked at the sleeping male next to you. His hair was disheveled yet fluffy and a dribble of drool leaked from his lips. You'd laugh if it wasn't for such a close proximity between you two.

Speaking of which, his arms had tightened more against you. Sensing your body stir and bringing you flush against his own. His head laying on top of yours in an awkward but comfortable position.

Now, you weren't one to be flustered easily. But right now your face was redder than the red army's sweaters. That didn't mean you didn't enjoy it however. It had been quite a few years since someone had held you with such affection.

Basking in his warmth for an extra few minutes would hurt, would it?

Closing your eyes you nuzzled into the brunette, opting to sleep in for at most 15 more minutes. That or until Edd wakes up.

When you eventually did decide to wake up, Edd had already woken up and was gone. Though he wasn't gone for long, to your surprise, soon opening your door with a plate of breakfast and a cup of coffee.

"Well good morning to you snuggles," he chuckled, bringing the plate over to your bedside stand and setting it down.

You gave him an embarrassed laugh and jokingly hit his arm.

"Says you Mr. Visegrip."

You both shared a laugh as you began to eat, taking periodical sips of your coffee as you go. Edd stayed and joked around with you, sitting in the same chair he had sat in the day you had arrived

You were finished with your breakfast and halfway through your coffee when Edd's mood had shifted

"So, wanna tell me what had happened last night?" 

You froze, obviously he would wanna know why you had been screaming like a banshee at 2 in the morning, but you didn't expect it to be so early in the morning.

You did wanna tell him, you didn't wanna keep any secrets from him, but the memories halted you from speaking. It was too soon to live through it again.

Throughout your frozen stooper, Edd noticed a few of your body movements. The slight shaking of your hands and the panic-striken anxiety in your glossy eyes. The tears daring to break through any moment.

He sighed. Not in annoyance but in understanding. Placing a hand on your shoulder he broke your trance.

"If you can't tell me now that's ok. Maybe we can try later if you're up to it?"