Chapter Eleven

Nico was outside the infirmary, leaving it with Will. After he had woken up, Will had just hugged him, holding onto Nico as Nico cried into his shirt. 

Will had taken out Nico's stitches and now, hours of Will continuously checking on him later, he was leaving the building with Will who was holding him even though he was fine.

They didn't go to the cabins immediately. Will took him to the woods, "Remember how Cecil told you that I needed to tell you something?" He said. This was the moment. Will knew it. The sun was setting and it filtered through the canopy of trees above them in the most beautiful way, 

"I wanted to tell you that I liked you." The bandaid was ripped off. "And I know you're straight and that you don't like me, but I had to tell you and I'm sorry if it creeps you out but-" He was cut off by Nico putting his lips on Will's. For a second Will was shocked and ten he started kissing him back.

Nico smelled like rain against cold stone and it felt like he had been struck by lightning while at sea and Nico was the only thing that could save him. It felt like Nico was his salvation and if he didn't do this there was no way he would be able to live.

Will's hand made its way up Nico's back, holding his neck and Nico's hands gripped Will's hair, pulling him closer. Moments like these were what Nico held onto as happy memories as he ran but now he stopped to enjoy the beauty of it. He needed Will. Will was the sunset and the sunrise of his world, things no person can live without. Without him the days were endless and the nights malicious and dark. He made life worth living.

When they finally let go of each other, Nico looked Will in his beautiful blue eyes, "You still think I'm straight?" And Will laughed. His laugh was how Mr. D described wine. It was the only thing you ever wanted to hear after you heard it, a sound you could get drunk on.

Will pressed his head to Nico's, "No. I think you like me too."
"Took you some time to figure out, Solace." And this time Nico felt Will's laugh against his lips.
"I think," Will said, "That I have the best boyfriend in the whole world and that he likes me back."

Nico's heart skipped a beat at the word 'boyfriend'. Growing up in the '30's meant that Nico never thought it was possible to have one, but now . . . now here was the most amazing, person telling him that they were boyfriends and it just made him so happy that he reached up to Will, pecking his cheek. Will wrapped his arm around Nico's shoulders, pulling him closer and Nico happily did so. He liked this more than he ever thought he could like something. He liked Will more than he ever thought he could like something.

"You know," Nico said, "It's time for dinner." Will looked at Nico and Nico looked back at him, earnestly. It was like they were having a conversation without words and then Will pulled Nico into a hug.
"You know you don't have to eat, right? Like- you should because it is really bad for your health to not eat, but if you don't want to, you don't have to. Not for me."
"I know, Solace, and I want to."

Will knew what Nico was offering. He understood it and he loved Nico for it.

Nico knew that it wasn't going to end well for him but he was willing to try for Will. He loved Will.