22. Fist Talk

Three days

Three days. That's when Sehyuk had seen Kihyun last. Injured and crying on his carpeted floor.

Now, Sehyuk sits on the bleachers, staring at the students practicing football on the field. He sighs, groaning, "Ugh! Where is he!" No phone calls and no messages informing him of Kihyun's whereabouts. "I should've controlled myself," he says, slouching into his seat. The thought of him being gone has been weighing on his conscience.

The university has started its new term but Sehyuk hasn't seen Kihyun attending. He searched his classes and asked people around but found nothing. 'If he's dead, you're responsible.' The blonde slaps his hands on his face at the thought, teeth grazing together. He hasn't been able to sleep well because of it. He doesn't know whether it's a good thing that he hasn't received any news about him being either dead or alive.

"Sehyuk! It was great to see you on the field today."

The boy looks up to meet the eyes of the football captain Jung Namshin. The guy isn't sweating like the others, having built stamina over the years he played sports. "Thanks, cap. It's good to be back."

"I don't see your personal cheerleader around today."

"Who?"

"Byun Jaemin," the captain chuckles, "his voice was the loudest when he came to watch the matches."

Despite what transpired between them, Sehyuk smiles with glee, Jaemin was undoubtedly deafening, always earning a few 'shut up' from the audience around him. He never failed to get a watered-down sports drink for him and a protein bar, excitedly slapping Sehyuk's back and talking about how well he played, didn't matter whether they lost or won the match.

The blond's lips then settle into a soft frown, thinking how he should've given Jaemin a chance to explain. But even the other hasn't reached out to him since that day. And Sehyuk's pride doesn't bend over to be the first one to initiate anything in the matter. But it would be a lie if he says he doesn't miss him. His presence has been the first that molded itself into Sehyuk's every day. They hung out together during breaks and if not, after university ended. He is the very first friend he made before Gyeom and the others.

There's a piece he and Kihyun must've missed because someone like Jaemin wouldn't be friends only for the sake of how rich they are. Or maybe they failed to recognize that side of him.

"Ugh!" Sehyuk groans, ruffling his hair and sucking in a breath through in teeth.

"You good, buddy?" Captain Jung's deep chuckle draws Sehyuk back to the present. "You looked like you were having a midlife crisis." He jokes, waving his hand in the air, and sauntering towards the gym lockers without waiting for an answer.

Sehyuk gets up as well and heads the same way to take a shower. When he's out, he wipes his wet hair with a towel but leaves them damp. He taps on his mobile phone screen to check the time. 6:30 P.M., it reads. "I'm late, I hope Professor Choi is still in his room."