Chapter 128 - Monastery's Sword

Start from the beginning

Then, without warning, one of the paladins guarding the vault literally loses his head with the other rapidly receiving the same sword stabbing into the side of his neck. Both of them collapse to the ground with a standing visible Petra as the culprit.

"Petra! You understand your invis is gone now, right?"

"There was no other way of doing this Ikarus. Besides, I've scanned one of them so there's still a way. Let's get this door open quickly"

Scanned one of them? Oh, Petra's face changing ability she showed to me way back in the hot springs! I was pretty dumb and naïve about the whole empire back then thinking about it but this could still prove an issue. I'll just trust Petra and see if she knows what she's doing.

"Sure sure, this still seems a little risky but you're the expert"

Both of us, me still invisible start to turn the huge vault lock and once it's unlocked, we slowly pull it open. I kinda feel like we've just broken into a bank or a fort full of gold right now, minus the lockpicking or the insane amount of prep work scoping this place out beforehand.

Inside the room, it actually reminds me of something a bank vault would look like! Metal bars separate certain sections containing chests full of gold, containers filled with jewellery and trinkets, religious artifacts like chalices and diamond adorned crosses...

And slap bang in the centre of the room is a sword stuck into a pedestal. Please don't tell me someone needs to be worthy to pull it out.

"Let's grab anything not tied down Ikarus, then go for the sword"

"Hey, don't need to tell me since I'm an excellent thief I'll have you know... even if I don't actually remember stealing anything in this life"

"Heh"

Before coming out here, I purposely made to empty my inventory just so I'd have enough room but I'm not sure if it'll still be enough! Let's just focus on the relics and other items like that first before we move onto the gold, we have got to try and be quick about this. We may have moved the bodies into the vault but anyone walking to this place seeing it unguarded would obviously be suspicious. 

Both of us start grabbing as much as we can, then placing it onto my ring for it to be put into storage. Obviously, Petra can't see it so I have to take the stuff off her and she can't even see in the first place but you get what I mean.

We keep stuffing stuff in for a while and Aesa's yet to give me a warning about how much we've stolen, it's got to be getting close to full capacity now, right?

'Aesa, how much room left?'

[<Storage capacity is at 32%, -Ikarus's- concern was unneeded>]

Damn, I've never known the exact number but storage has always been in the tonnes so considering the fact we've nearly cleaned this place out already, there might be less than I first thought. It looks a hell of a lot though.

"And... that's the last bit of gold, just need to grab the sword now Petra"

"Already on it Ikarus..."

Petra by the pedestal gives the sword a good tug but nothing seems to happen, she better not be making a joke right now.

"...Huh, it won't budge. Ikarus, you give it a try"

No no no, I know what Petra's doing right now. Don't be thinking I'm worthy of the holy sword or something when I go over there and inevitably lift the thing easily out without even bothering. This will be her just trying to dish out a compliment, I know her too well.

"This isn't funny Petra, just lift the damn thing up already!"

"Heh, seriously Ikarus, it's stuck. You have a try and you'll believe me"