268.I will not let my Lalisa suffer in this cruel palace anymore

Start from the beginning

"But how did she get disappear? Aren't you worried if she was fine or not? " she also got serious seeing his expressions and asked worriedly.

She could feel sadness in Master Gong's eyes. Though he was trying to be strong and heartless, she can feel his love for his wife.

His eyes soften whenever he speaks about his wife.

"I don't know much either. I was in the mountains away from the luxurious life and was searching for new medicine and herbs when Lalisa fell into the pond."

"When I got the news I came back to see her but realized that she was in a coma. I didn't enter into the palace at that time because I do not want to enter this cruel palace after what happened before."

"But I heard about what happened to Lalisa and how she tried to suicide. I had a few people who work in the medicine department in the palace and they told me about her condition."

"They also told me that when Lalisa fell into the pond, after that no one can find the cause of her falling into the pond. Her condition couldn't worsen to this state just by falling into the pond."

Lalisa was listening to his words with attention and could see the sad emotions on his face.

She noticed his words, 'what happened before' and could sense that something has happened to him before he left the palace after the old Emperor's death.

But she did not say anything and just listen to his words.

"It was getting hard for them to save her but then a strange and mysterious woman came claiming that she will save Lalisa. Surprisingly, Jeongguk allowed her to check on Lalisa and she was successful in saving her."

"But Lalisa fell into a coma after that. However, her life was saved. After that incident, no one has seen that woman." He lowered his eyes as if in deep thought.

"I have also heard about that woman from Minnie. Do you know who is that woman? And where is she? Maybe she knows something." Lalisa asked curiously.

Master Gong pursed his lips as his expressions frowned.

Lalisa observed the change in his expressions. The man whose aura is very domineering and stern was not looking as strong as before.

His gaze was gentle and she could see the frown on his face.

"It was my wife Kim Goeun. " His voice was low and gentle when she spoke about his wife.

"But how did you know that the woman who treated Lalisa was your wife? Because you were not here either."

"I figured out when I heard about women's looks from people. The traits that they speak, it could be only my wife."

"Also....." he paused while speaking.

Lalisa got more curious when she saw him getting hesitant about something.

"Also..?" She asked him urging him to speak further.

"Also..I have suspected long ago that my wife, is not normal. She knows many things that ordinary people like us don't. Lalisa's mother and my wife, both are special child. "

"Though Marco and I never forced them to speak what they do not want to share but we know that they were special. That's why I never doubted how she was able to send Lalisa somewhere else."

Lalisa looked at him with a complicated gaze. She could not understand that he was not in the capital when everything happened to Lalisa and his wife disappeared.

But how did he knew that Lalisa was not in this world and was sent away? Her body was in a coma but her soul was not in the body.

"You want to know how I know about Lalisa and that you're not Lalisa?" He asked her as he raised his brows.

Lalisa was surprised when he asked her this question. Her mouth opened I'm surprise and nodded lightly.

She was surprised at how the old man figured out the complications in her heart.

"When I went to the place where my wife was living before and saw the house empty. The items in the house are all in the place but only Goeun was not there."

"There I found a letter written by her. It said, "I will save Lalisa from this hell-like life. I will fulfill my promise to my sister and will protect her even if I have to put my life on the sake. Gong Yoo, I am sending my Lalisa away from this world. If you get his letter, please don't try to find me. I will get back after fulfilling my promise to my late sister and brother in law."

"Just take care of yourself. I will not let my Lalisa suffer in this cruel palace anymore. I won't let her die in vain. She deserves all the happiness in this world and I will make her life happy."

"Please wait for me and also take care of herself. Right now Lalisa needs me more. I will make sure that she lives her life happily. Yours Goeun"

"This was her last words from which I got a rough idea about the situation and it confirmed when I heard about the strange things you did after waking up"

Lalisa did not say anything and just nodded at his words. She got to see the loneliness on his face.

She wondered how could he remembered his wife's words so clearly. It couldn't have been done if he had not read that letter for days. He must have read the letter repeatedly that's why he remembered her words clearly.

She was feeling glad that Lalisa had an aunt like this who loved her so much. If not for her, she would've died like this and no one has cared about it.

She did not say anything and kept quiet. Now she knows that only Lalisa's aunt could clear her doubts.

But it seems that she has to wait for her aunt to come so that she could talk to her.

However, at least she now knows that only Lalisa's aunt can help her to go back or at least tell her what to do.

She did not say anything and just looked at the old man who was looking frail and lonely. The domineering aura seems to have disappeared.