254.The past is in the past

Lalisa always thought that it was all Sandara and Eunbi's fault for making her life a living hell.

But since she came into this world, she realized that it was her fault as well. She was the Empress but she still let Eunbi and Sandara trample over her self respect.

She could have retaliated and if she had dealt with the situation differently, then maybe the result would have been different.

Sometimes, many things one can realize only with time. There is no way she can go back into her world because she has no idea what made her come into this world.

She only knows that she fell into the pond and couldn't move her body because her body became paralyzed under the water and couldn't move herself to save herself to drown.

She knew swimming but still, she died by drowning in the water. That's why she doubted if she was poisoned which made her body become paralyzed and she couldn't retaliate and struggle to come up.

For some reason, she can't help but think about her past life and the mistakes she has done or things she could have done which makes her feel regretful.

Since she was married into the Ji family, she was very submissive and never shows her opinion or her position as the Empress.

She was very weak as the Empress. But behind her weakness, it was the social barrier that was stopping her to speak for herself making her feel inferior.

She was the daughter of the military doctor who was also a soldier. Her father got acquainted with the old Emperor and enthroned her with Jeongguk.

She can't refute the fact that she came from a low background which makes her afraid and submissive against the palace rules and etiquette.

However, she tried to bear all the difficult situations because she loved Jeongguk and wanted to gain his attention and as his wife, she wanted to be his loving and caring wife.

Because that's what women in her times were taught to be. The life of the woman goes only with one goal that is to keep your husband happy and satisfied. The woman has to fulfill all the roles of being filial wife, daughter in law, mother and sister but the thing that they forget is to keep their own identity.

Under all the pressure and responsibilities while fulfilling these relationsh.i.p.s, they tend to forget their own identity, their own life.

The thing that she loved about this world was that women in this world like to be independent and work for themselves. Being financially independent makes you realize your value.

There was a time when she loved Jeongguk with all might and always wanted to be his loving and dutiful wife.

At that time, she went through all the humiliation just because she always thinks that she does not deserve to be by his side and does not belong to this palace. That's why she bore all the humiliation without saying anything and went through all the hardsh.i.p.s alone.

However, the feelings she felt now was different from the feelings that she used to feel before. Now she feels regret and bad for her past life for sacrificing everything for those people who never considered her as human.

The love she used to feel towards Jeongguk has subsided and she could feel her heart moving towards Jungkook.

She was surprised by the change of her heart as well. She sometimes doubted her feelings for Jeongguk, were they sincere or not?

Because she could not believe that people's hearts could change so easily. But it did, at least in her case.

She was now falling for Jungkook more and more. And how could she not? Jungkook always gives her priority and the misunderstandings between them have resolved as well.