Delayed Return

One day, as Vivian and Damian were enjoying a peaceful moment together, Damian's phone rang. He glanced at the caller ID and his expression turned serious. "It's my commanding officer," he said, answering the call.

Vivian watched anxiously as Damian listened to the voice on the other end. She could sense the gravity of the conversation by the way his face changed. After a few moments, Damian's shoulders tensed, and he nodded. "Yes, sir. I understand."

He hung up the phone and turned to Vivian with a mix of emotions in his eyes. "Vivian, I've been called back to deployment."

Her heart sank, and she tried to process the news. "Deployment? But you just got back. Are you ready for that?"

Damian took her hands in his, trying to reassure her. "It's my duty, Vivian. My unit needs me, and I can't let them down. The deployment is scheduled sooner than expected, and they need every available Marine."

Tears welled up in Vivian's eyes, and she held back a sob. "I don't want you to go. What if something happens to you again? What if..."

Damian gently brushed his thumb against her cheek, wiping away a tear. "I'll be careful, I promise. I'm a Marine, Vivian, and this is what I signed up for. I can't let fear hold me back."

Vivian nodded, trying to be strong for him. "I know, but it's just so hard to see you leave again, knowing the risks."

"I love you, Vivian, and I'll come back to you,I promise" Damian said firmly. "We've faced challenges before, and we've always come out stronger. This is just another obstacle, and I know we can overcome it."

As the deployment date approached, Vivian and Damian cherished every moment they had together. They made memories, laughed, and loved as if each moment might be their last. The fear of the unknown hung heavy in the air, but they refused to let it dampen their spirits.

On the day of his departure, Vivian accompanied Damian to the base. They stood together, hand in hand, as he prepared to leave. His fellow Marines gathered around, offering words of encouragement and support.

Vivian looked up at Damian, her heart filled with love and pride. "Come back to me, Damian. Promise me you'll come back."

He kissed her forehead, his voice soft. "I promise, Vivian. I'll come back to you. You're my anchor, and nothing can keep me away for long."

With a heavy heart, Vivian watched Damian board the transport, surrounded by his brothers in arms. As the plane took off, she felt a mix of emotions - pride for his dedication and love for the man she had chosen to be with.

In the following months, Vivian tried to stay strong, keeping herself busy with work and spending time with friends and family. But the uncertainty and distance weighed heavily on her heart. She kept in touch with Damian whenever she could, cherishing every call and message.

As the weeks turned into months, Damian's deployment stretched longer than expected. The initial excitement of reuniting after his assignment turned into a waiting game filled with uncertainty and anxiety for Vivian. She tried her best to stay positive, but each passing day without any news of Damian weighed heavily on her heart.

Vivian kept herself busy with work and surrounded herself with friends and family for support. But as days turned into weeks and weeks into months, the worry began to take a toll on her. She found it increasingly difficult to concentrate on anything other than Damian's safety and well-being.

"Please come back to me." she whispered in the wind.

She knew that military deployments often came with unforeseen challenges and delays, but that knowledge did little to ease her anxiety. The uncertainty of not knowing when Damian would return was taking a toll on her emotional well-being.