Prayer

Crowley ended up sharing his whole life with the soldiers. Quite a lot of alcohol, and hours of stories later, the 11 soldiers around him were all laughing, smiling, crying, and listening with open mouth. They never knew that such a slowburn love story was with them since Crowley moved in. There were very limited sources of entertainment on the base, so they gladly listened to the drunken demon tell them his not official failed marrige.
Oliver Thomkins (who was the kitchen staff) alongside with Elliott O'Connor (also worked in the kithen among several other spaces, mostly as the janitor) immediately believed Crowley, when he admitted that he wasn't human. Oliver's fisrt worry was, that he might not have been accomodating enough of Crowley's diet, and asked if he should change anything, while O'Connor asked if he should hep take care of the plants in Crowley's room. This was the first time Crowley thought about "taking care" of his plants.
Macdonald was sitting next to Crowley the whole time. He was proud, that he by pure luck became his first confidant. And he was eager. He listened, and listened and listened to Crowley's stories, and altough he was a good litener, it took much strength for him not to grab Crowley by the arm, and shake him, to wake him from the illusion that this "Aziraphale" guy didn't love him back. It take much of all the soldier's strenght not to do that.
And around midnight, Crowley decided, that it was enough storytime for everyone today, and that another occasion they might even continue, but he if not necassarily needed, but wanted his beauty sleep.
So the soldiers decided on a coup to help their newfound friend out. The plan was simple. These two needed a matchmaker. And there were 11 eager candidate for the job.

~

Micah was standing akwardly in Aziraphale's office. He heard what he said. He just wasn't sure if the other angel was serious.
'Sir...'
'Aziraphale' said Aziraphale trying to make Micah say his name, but it seemed like a futile go at making him call by his name.
'You want to send a group of angels down to Earth? Like an expedition? To get them to know the humans better?'
Aziraphale beamed with pride. He thought that this was a quite nifty idea.
'Yes. The humans do it with penguins. We can... What is that expression... Take a page out of their book so to say. If angels understand better, how the humans think, we might be able to find the right way to deliver the Saviour of this World, the One who Cometh from God, The second son of the Almighty, and Bringer of Salvation, Messiah of Humanity.'
Aziraphale only called the Saviour on his full name, because he knew that this would make the wole thing sound more thought trough. Which can convince the others that this would be the right step. Not like the others could say anything about it. Aziraphale already rescheduled the next day's conference to a week later, and he handpicked the angels for the job. Saraquael will be the leader of the group. They seemed more accepting than others, though Aziraphale knew them well enough not to mess with them.
'But Sir, are you sure this is a g--'
'Yes, it is a great idea indeed. Now go, and inform everyone involved, and let the show begin.' smiled Aziraphale.
At this moment, a siren in Aziraphale's office went off. Not the red one, but the blue one. It meant, that he had a human prayer, dedicated to him. Not God, and not any other angel of the Almighty.
Both Micah and Aziraphale was suprised. Mostly, because Aziraphale never realised that beside Crowley anyone knew who he was. Aside from the two lovely ladies who were hopelessly in love with each other.
'I have to answer this one. Would you mind?' Said Aziraphale, while Micah just nodded and back out of the office.
Now, answering prayers isn't as simple as one might imagine. For a prayer to get trough, it has to go trough many checks, until it reaches the angel or God. And it is a one-way communication, meaning, there won't be any answer at all, if the prayer is for selfish reasons, or any unchristian wishes are involved. After that, there is a system, which was installed, not to overflow Heaven with too many wishes and prayers. It is a luck system. Only every 11th prayer reaches the angel, you dialed by prying to them. Other than burocracy, and luck, an angel has the opportunity to refuse the wish, you were praying for. They are not Santa Claus after all. But if everything was in your favour you might be able to reach who you were looking for, and they might hear you out. It was a biased and bad system, but the only way, angels could keep order amonst the myriad of prayers coming in each day.
Aziraphale closed his eyes, and just miracled an answering maciene on his desk, so he could listen to the message peacefully. It went as follows:
"Am I doing this right? I guess so. Hi, Aziraphale. This is Oliver. I'm sure you don't know who I am, but I know who you are. Crowley is in pain. Fix this stupid argument between the two of you, because he seems like a good guy. Also, please send a sign, and let me know, what he likes to eat, because I am pretty sure, that 'Boiled baby heads' was just a joke on his part. But please, pretty please don't let Crowley hurt anymore. The guys and I are all rooting for the two of you."
Message ends. It would be a great idea, to teach humans, that full name, and adress are needed for a prayer to be actually answered. Aziraphale didn't knew who this "Oliver" was. And it took a bit more to just pop down, and sort things out with Crowley.
But now, he had a reason to leave Heaven, and be with Crowley. After all, Angels are obedient servants of humanity, and this Oliver guy sounded like a human.

Hello fellow earthlings,
Last update until my taxing exam. But I really wanted to write some continuation. Hope you had fun.

Bye~