𝟷.𝟶𝟹

Mind hijacking

<3<3<3

Catherine was walking towards the infirmary to see if she could find her brother again when her thoughts were disturbed. Now, all children of Iris had a very specific power. They could seek out other people in their minds and send messages through their thoughts.

They couldn't read their minds, but if the person in question sought out the mind of an Iris child the child in question would be able to hear what they want to say. So basically, mental communication.

Catherine had never really been bothered by it, but when a sudden voice with far too high volume started talking to her, she had to lean against the Apollo cabin as she walked by.

"Free me, Catherine Lewis," The voice practically shouted. It felt as if someone had taken a speaker, shoved it into her head, and turned the volume to max. "Before the winter solstice! Free me, or the consequenses will be dire!"

Then, as fast as it had appeared, it disappeared. The echo of the voice continued to ring around her head but no more words were spoken. Catherine tried to shove it away as she usually did when this happened, but no matter how hard she tried, the echo of the voice continued to ring, getting louder and quieter just as it pleased.

She tried to put her hands over her ears as a last resort, but the attempt only made the voice louder. Someone appeared in her vision, waving a hand in front of her face. A familiar face was standing in front of her. Will's mouth was moving, but she couldn't hear him.

When he eventually realised she couldn't grasp at his words he got concerned. Walking out only to find one of your best friends leaning against your cabin with hands covering their ears and a distressed look on their face was not expected.

He couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, but he figured it had something to do with the Iris-talking thing so he tried to seek her thoughts as he'd done several times before. When it at first didn't work, he grabbed her hand and led her into the cabin where it was much quieter. She didn't seem to notice the change of scenery, which concerned him even more.

By the time the echo eased and was replaced by Will repeating her name, Catherine had figured she belonged in some psychiatric hospital. She eventually managed to rid of the voice and get her sense of hearing back. She moved to wipe away tears she hadn't even noticed had escaped her eyes.

"You ok?" Will asked once he realised she was back. Catherine shook her head. Lying to a son of Apollo wouldn't work either way.

"Want me to get something?"

She shook her head again. "I'm okay," she muttered. Her head was getting better by the second. Whatever had invaded her had decided to leave now.

Will knew she wouldn't tell him if she wasn't, and after the episode outside he knew that she wasn't as okay as she insisted. So he decided to distract her instead, and maybe get her to the infirmary later on.