9: Enter Hiroto!

Hiroto, a tall boy with purple hair, walked along a section of the wall surrounding Konoha. It was past midnight, and he had seen the pillar of light, as well as the destruction in the forest.

"So," he whispered, "do you feel anything out there?"

"No," a voice responded, "there is nobody in that area."

Hiroto turned to face him, "Does that make any sense to you, Kota?" He asked, staring at the green haired, yellow eyed boy who had joined him unseen, unheard, and unfelt. Though by now, Hiroto was used to that trick.

"No," Kota sighed, "we've never seen anything like this before either."

"Think we can deal with whatever that was?"

"Nope," Kota said as he watched Hiroto sit on the edge of the wall, "but I do have a bad feeling about this."

The pair stared at the crater and the destroyed trees in the distance, and Kota could swear he saw someone walking out of it. The trees around the crater had been shattered and torn from the ground, and those that stood far enough away from the center to not be reduced to splinters had been burnt into charcoal by the pillar of light.

Hiroto, in an attempt to distract himself, untied his mask from his arm and looked at it. It was a demonic thing, an Oni mask that had been given to him by Raiko. The red painted skin, the large golden tusks which stuck out of the mouth, and the golden horns which stuck out of the forehead struck fear into his opponents. The tusks held a black bladed tanto made from meteorite steel, which he was able to channel his chakra through. Both of these things were unique to him, as Raiko had made the mask and blade himself. They were each truly works of art.

"I'm going home," Hiroto said, "I'd advise you do the same."

With a sigh, Hiroto jumped off the wall and made his way across the roofs to his home.