2: A Day Out (Part 1)

Azuki's day began as it always had as soon as Raiko was out of bed. He cooked while she sat at the table watching him. Despite how quickly she learned everything else Raiko taught her, cooking was still far outside of her skillset. She smiled as he brought her a plate of eggs and steak, which she happily ate. It had been this way since the day he brought her into his home.

Once the pair finished eating, they got dressed and left their house. As they walked down the street, Azuki tried to keep pace with Raiko, but as usual she wasn't able to keep up with his natural speed. She smiled to herself, watching her blond haired mentor walk ahead of her. Though she felt a hint of jealousy as a girl with bluish black hair ran up to him, pulling him into a tight hug. That girl, Harumi Hyuga, was a few years younger than Raiko and a bit shorter as well. She was kind, often baking for the pair. Despite Harumi's kindness toward her, Azuki could never adapt to her presence, and any time Azuki asked about her Raiko would only ever give vague details.

She saw Harumi lean in and whisper something into Raiko's ear, something that elicited a nervous smile from him. She quickly kissed Raiko's cheek before running off.

"What was that all about?" Azuki asked with a sigh.

"It's nothing," Raiko responded, that smile still lingering.