can these fuckers get together already

SAIKI POV

"So tell me again why you're here?" I ask, rubbing thr sleep from my eyes as I stare towards the girl in front of me.

She mutters an "...I missed you...", looking anywhere but at me.

"And at 4 in the morning you came to fix that issue?"

"Well I wasn't exactly looking at the time.."

I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose "You're lucky I like you, come on I'll turn on the TV or something."

"You're the best I love you so much"

Oh. Oh my god. I freeze in place and feel my face go red hot. She loves me.

Why am I reacting like this? She's said it before casually, this isn't anything new right? Oh but it sure feels new, it feels very new. I should probably move or say something or do literally anything. Yeah that's a good idea. Oh my god she loves me.

Y/N, on the other hand, is externally freaking out over it. Two sides of the same coin.

"Come in." I say, gesturing towards my bed.

She nods, hurrying off to what is effectively her side and getting in. Picking up the remote, I scan her current attire and conclude that she probably won't be paying attention to the show, meaning I should choose something she's seen before. My Little Pony it is, then.

"..Thank you Ku" She mumbles, already having stolen two of my pillows.

Giving her a quick nod I get in bed and attempt to go back to sleep, not ignoring how quickly she ditched the pillows and rested her head on my chest instead.

I can't believe this is real. I always thought love just wasn't something I'd experience, but this girl proved me wrong. Of course it'd be her I fell in love with too, the loud and energetic girl who's thoughts beam into my head relentlessly. From a quick description she seems like she'd be the total opposite of my type, and for a while she was, but now they're all facts I've come to love about her.

Look at me, ranting like an old man. I'm still only 16 technically speaking, crazy what a crush will do to a man. Crush? What are we anymore? It's definitely not platonic anymore, I'd argue even that it's mostly romantic, so? Should I talk to her about it? No, I've heard her thoughts on labels and honestly I share the fears. I don't want to risk turning out like my parents, so lovey-dovey that we completely disregard basic decency in the outside world.

But I want something more. Is that selfish? To want more? I want to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, what we are. I want her to understand how much I like her.

My thoughts are interrupted as Y/N grumbles a little and shuffles to look me in the eyes. I know that look. Chuckling silently, I roll to my side and pull her in to a hug.

"I love you too."

—A/N—

short chapter but it is like six in the morning so youre not allowed to talk about it Okay okay.