im confused and frankly in love

Y/N POV

Me and Kusuo have been playing this really fun game called Look-at-eachother-from-a-distance-but-dont-say-anything. It's not very fun. I lied.

'I miss himm a lottttt.... do you think he figured out I like him and that's why he's staying away?'

———
SAIKI POV

'Do you think he figured out I like him and that's why he's staying away?'

Good grief, I've been trying to get rid of my.. crush.. on Y/N. God that feels weird to admit. Anyways, I've been staying away from her as best as I can but, fun surprise, it's really hard to stop liking someone when you know they feel the same.

I can't help but wish she didn't like me. I mean, I'm really glad my feelings are returned, but I don't want to have them in the first place. God, this is messing with me way too much.

She's walking over to me, act casual.

"Kuuuuuuu why do you keep staring at mmeeeee???????? I miss you" 'Why did I do this what if he's uncomfortable or something? Oh my god I'm dumb. I'm so dumb. Dear lord.'

"No reason."

"Well.. um.." She fiddles with a ring in her pocket. "I'd like to take you out somewhere today.." She says before dragging a chair next to my desk and sitting down.

"Where?" I know where, but I want to see how she plans to make tonight go.

I notice her face go red a bit as the panics, 'WHAT IF HE THINKS IT'S A DATE I DON'T WANT HIM TO HATE ME AND LEAVE ME ALONE OH MY GOD NO HOW DO I.... speak normally why don't you. Okay. yeah.'

"Um, I found this nice forest area that's pretty secluded... I think you'd like it maybe...."

"Okay, should I go to your house after I drop my stuff off then?"

"YES please! Yes that would work well" She's so excited.

I look at her and allow a very small smile to show itself. So small, in fact, that she'd be the only one to pick up on it.

I'm feeling strangely bold. I should take advantage of this while I can.

"It's a date then."

..... why did I do that.

———

short chapter but FUCK YOI theyre cuties for sure!