I fucking hate my brother.

SAIKI POV

We finished giving eachother our gifts and we all had family time. Well, family time and Y/N was included. After a while Y/N disappears upstairs and I'm the one sent to check on her.

Walking into my room I see she's sleeping soundly on my bed. I guess today was too energetic even for her. I pull a blanket over her and go back downstairs.

As soon as I sit down with my family Kusuke is being himself.

"So, little bro, how long have you two been together?"

"We aren't."

"Oh really? So she's single..?" He asks, smirking at me.

"Don't get any ideas."

"Relax! She's too young for me anyways, I'd rather go for someone legal!" He says before pausing to consider how to get under my skin. "Do you liiike her?~"

"No."

"No need to get so defensive! With such a quick answer I almost don't believe you.."

"That's not my problem."

"I saw how friendly you two were when you were exchanging gifts. She even said she loooves youuu" He teases

"She says that all the time when she's excited, it's nothing special."

"I dunno.. you were blushing pretty hard"

"Was not."

"I know what I saw~"

"You won't be able to see at all if you keep this up."

"Sounds like someone is in love with her!" He says, as though he figured me out.

"Or maybe I don't like being accused of having feelings I don't. You're so—" I pause. Why am I letting him get to me like this? I don't need to interact with him. He's just trying to make me mad.

"I'm so what? So right?"

"Whatever, I'm going to my room."

"To spend quality time with your sleeping lady?~" He's teasing me again. Don't let it get to you, Kusuo, just walk away.

"Fuck you. Good night."

That works too.

———
Y/N POV

I wake up because I fell in my dream. God. Can't get a moment of rest these days.

Whilst trying to still my totally jumpscared heart, I realize I fell asleep in Kusuo's room. 'I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER COMING IN HERE.' Looking around I spot a familiar figure sitting at his desk reading a manga.

"KUSUO. Don't you know it's rude to intrude on sleeping girls." I joke, still shaking off the effects of sleep.

"If those girls are sleeping in my bed I'm allowed to intrude. Besides, it's not like I did anything other than read."

"Come here. I have a secret."

"Hm?" he says, closing his manga and walking over. "What is it?"

"I had a dream you were secretly a wizard with wizard powers and you could teleport and summon fire and stuff. The secret is that I now realize you would look dumb in a wizard hat. Never wear one."

"That's not a secret, that's just an insult."

"Nuh uh. The secret is that I know what you'd be like with wizard powers and a hat. Also never get super powers, that'd be scary."

He froze when I said that, but only for a moment. Weird.

"You're weird."

"Get out of my bed if you're going to insult me."

"No it's cozy. WE SHOULD HAVE A SLEEP OVER!!!"

"We already are. It's 3 in the morning and you're sleeping over."

"Okay.. you've got me there.. where are you going to sleep?"

"Usually I'd say my bed but a certain someone is also in there, so I'll probably sleep on the floor."

"DON'T DO THAT I'LL FEEL BAD. I can make room, come here." I say, patting the bed and scooting to make room for him.

"No."

"Please"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"...Fine." He sighs, walking over and sitting down next to me."If you say anything weird I'm leaving you at Kusuke's mercy."

"I wasn't even going to you're so dramatic. I'm going back to sleep." I mutter before inching away from him and going to sleep. I can hear him do just about the same and as I'm dozing off I feel something warm near me. Being the cold Christmas night it was, I immediately pulled it closer and fully fell asleep.