despair, hope, despair, and more hope

Y/N POV

I end up home at around 7? 7:10? It doesn't matter, by the time I get to my room I'm a wreck. Because of the looks I caught from both of the two, I've already convinced myself that they hate me and only invited me out of pity, not even knowing that it was actually true (Thanks Teruhashi).

When I originally left I didn't see either of the others get up after me, which only served to further my conclusion. The reality that I had no friends in this new and terrifying place came crashing down in waves and I was crying like a maniac. Eventually I became lucid enough through my tears to crawl onto my bed, curl into a ball in the corner, breathe for about three seconds, then throw myself right back into the waterworks.

So here I sit on my bed, huddled in the corner sobbing my eyes out like a baby. Everything seems so stupid and hopeless but, for just a second, I catch the eye of a picture I taped to the wall of me and my friends from my old school. 'Maybe everything will be okay,' I think 'If I could make friends there, surely I can make friends here too.. I just need to stick with it.' beginning to notice the beauty around me. If life really was hopeless, then such unfiltered joy surely couldn't manifest itself in my friends. Thinking about what set me off now seems so silly, there's a million reasons someone could look at me like that, there's no garuntee they hate me. I curl up under my covers, grab a beloved stuffed animal, and try to sleep. 'Everything is going to be okay, I just need to wait.'

That sentiment lasts for about two hours, which is thrown out the window because my blankets bunched up at my feet in a weird way and didn't magically fix themselves.

———

SAIKI POV

'Good grief.'

L/N has been non-stop with her mood swings tonight. Usually I could put on my telepathy blocking ring, but for some reason it isn't working on her. It'll block out everyone I'd usually hear, just not her. This is a problem, because no matter what your conceptions are of me, I enjoy my peace and quiet. A lot. In fact, it's the thing I look forward to most in my day, so having someone directly get in the way of that is annoying. I decide to text L/N something nice, if only to get her to shut up and think about literally anything else.

———

TEXTING

9.53pm "Hey, thanks for coming out tonight."

9.53 "It was fun."

'There. Hopefully she will stop crying now.' I want to make it clear right now that I don't care for this girl at all, in fact, I'd say I dislike her. This was purely to calm her down so I can go about enjoying my alone time.

———

Y/N POV

Between sobs I notice a notification on my phone, 'Saiki messaged me? What does he want?' After reading the messages my bad mood is miraculously cured. 'Why was I even upset about that anyways? They have no reason to hate me, I'm just being dramatic.'

Instead of throwing myself back into hysterics, the whole thing seems hilarious to me now, which prompted a few giggles before I took a deep breath and went downstairs to grab some dinner and maybe play a game.