Remeant (Moiraine x OC)

After the unsuccessful path to complete Rand's mission as the Dragon Reborn and months of research (and running from her own life) Moiraine returns to Tar Valon with one single thing in her mind: making things right with Ahrim.

( can be read as part of Found¹ ² )

   •═════════❖•❖═════════•

As the sunlit White Tower grew distant by the great lake keeping Moiraine away from it, all the hundreds of small yellow lights coming from the oh so known rooms of it came into view

As the sunlit White Tower grew distant by the great lake keeping Moiraine away from it, all the hundreds of small yellow lights coming from the oh so known rooms of it came into view. It was beautiful, if not nostalgic. Coming home was different from leaving it. Detaching herself from the painful reality of embracing the truthfully rebel mission of helping the Dragon Reborn. Or rand, at this very point. The spoiled little brat whose life, she knew, changed forever. For some corrupted reasoning, her mind now could only think of him as a lost child whose entire world crashed down, on her own arms. The great Sedai didn't quite decide if she blamed herself for leaving the other kids, as much as she blamed herself for leaving Ahrim there.

The tips of her slender fingers trailed down to her shoulders, just above the colarbone. There, even over the fabric of the blueish shirt, the faint feeling of the scar left from the healed wound held her steady, even when there was another wound made, waiting to be healed. Not feeling Lan was driving her crazy. Not touching the Source was pushing her to the edge, but the mark left by the green-eyed girl's previously reckless use of the One Power made her sane. Safer. More focused.

As she had enough of longing for something so close, the Blue Ajah turned to peek at the formed camping. There, her once Warder sat broody as ever, only listening to the others talk. Her two sisters and the man, trained just as Lan seemed to undestand more than anyone that she needed time. And that, more than so, she needed to head back to home. To the girl she left there before heading into the Last Battle. The girls she avoided, ashamed of her own state.

"Everything will be fine." she felt the man move beside her after a few minutes of staring into the fire. "She knows of your responsibilities."

"And so have you told me many times before." there was no humor in her voice, but a faint smile adorned her pale lips. She was painfuly aware of how much she was pushing him away. But Moiraine knew how headstrong he was, and where he would go to keep her safe. Following her into death. She couldn't allow it. She wouldn't. "Do you perhaps feel like she was devoured by my sisters?"

"Oh, no. Ahrim stood up for herself all her life. She is just as stubborn as you are. I am sure she is quite alright."

The Blue Ajah kept those words short. It was not that she didn't trust their companions; she didn't trust anyone. Mainly so when the once Wilder was the matter. Something so close as home. Much more then Cairhien ever was. More than the Tower could ever be. Just as much as Lan once was before it all crashed down.