The best thing that's ever been mine (Rosamund Pike x Reader)

Sometimes the best life plans are those that involves no planning at all.

           •---------•---------•---------•---------•---------•

     Rosamund's son's names were changed out of respect, as they aren't public figures such as their mom.

Friday's were usually calm and collected. Y/N would wake up early, make some coffee and sit inside of her small office in the new house for about two hours before hearing rushed footsteps outside the door and childish voices calling her name.

Said new house - which slowly but surely became just house, or home - was not small so it was that easy to hear each other through closed doors, but somehow it was how the little family functioned in their responsibilities for the day. Harry and Leroy were in the age Y/N would describe to her partner and  their father as "the hellish paradise". Both boys, aged 6 and 8, were full of energy and curiosity, but could also get moody as hell depending on the situation. So, of course, the stepmom would always make sure to answer whenever those four knocks on the door announced that her work was done for the morning. Friday's meant no homeschooling, and also meant their mom, Rosamund, would finish the week's shooting of The Wheel of Time and be back home for another three days before having to travel with the crew to the different small cities and sets they'd built close to Prague.

The home, although simply noisy all the time thanks to the children, was always a bit empty whenever Rosamund was with her shooting schedules filled with appointments. If someone ever asked Y/N from four years ago what she couldn't see herself without in her future, there was not a chance that her fiance's name would pop up, or their boys, or even the strange yet healthy relationship she developed with Robbie, Rosie's previous partner and dad to her boys. And definitely Prague, a place away from everything and everyone she knew, would not even be in the back of her mind, just as working in her dream job across the world, in a home-office situation. But then again, everyone was. Y/N just seemed to be a little bit more lucky with how life gifted her with everything she would get, and everyone she would keep around.

Their home was sweet. Nothing over the top, nothing too basic too. Two floors, a beautiful garden that seemed to have the right plants to survive Prague 's weather most of the year, separated offices with beautiful views to said garden. The couple's room was cozy and had plenty space for all the things the actress needed to keep inside of their damned closet, including high fashion brands that Y/N was always afraid to even step close to. The boys had separated rooms, which made everything easier for the pair. Harry and Leroy were a match, which Y/N learnt as soon as she met them at the age of 2 and 4 it was not always a good thing. They would constantly try to make their parents life a mess if they could, but Y/N was a pro at dealing with them, Rosamund said years ago.

Hey! What have we talked about? If you don't want to eat, leave it. We don't play with food in this house, do we?", the woman said sternly, eyeing the boys who were in the process of throwing grapes at each other with a devilish fire in their blue eyes, dirty blonde hairs still a mess from the way they would roll around while sleeping. Y/N was in full mom mode after two hours of work done, but the airpods were still in her left ear just in case.

No, mama.”, Leroy answered as his little - but not as little - hands rested against the table and the older of the two followed suit, knowing better than to to anything but asking: “Is mom coming back today? She's been away for like, years.”

Two days Har!" Y/N laughed at her stepson, giving him the waffle with cheese he'd always ask for in the morning, and the freaking tea Rosie made sure to inflict in them from birth. “But yes, she's coming back today. Not sure if you'll see her till tomorrow tho. Your father's fetching you two to spend the night with him.”