It takes a tribe (Rosamund Pike x Reader)

She was never one of traditions, everyone knew. Amidst crazy characters and reckless displays of insane talent, her family was also a little twisted, and in the most beautiful way possible. 

           •═════════❖•❖═════════•

TW: pregnancy; kids; fluf 

(can be read as a part of the "The best thing that's even been mine" universe.)

           •═════════❖•❖═════════•

It was painfully awkward to be away from places she could be personaly giving interviews from

It was painfully awkward to be away from places she could be personaly giving interviews from. She sat there with a cup of steaming earl grey in a nice red shirt, makeup and hair done flawlessly and pijama pants she refuse to undress from after the hot bath taken minutes prior to the whole hustle of taking at seat in front of her computer. It was after the ungodly hour of midnight in cold and magical Prague; Rosamund wished she was sleeping. They have been been in Czech Republic for the last four years and it felt like home - it was, in fact, the strongest home she built with Y/N after the years in london, under the shadow of her old life, eventhought most of it still walked alongside tham, gladly.

It was not that she couldn't be away from home now. Things were better, everyone she cared about was safe and healthy. It was the simple fact that her priorities did not lay under the influence of her career anymore. Of course, moving her whole family and support over to Prague was enough of a dedication to her acting life, but there, things turned upside down, and upright again. It was as though Pike had officialy reached the time of her life she never wanted to, but presented itself to be the best things she could ask for; the time where she saw much more purpuse in the real life then in the made up lives she played onscreen.

"They're the sweetest, it's easy to see that you, their father and your partner are doing a great job with them.", the interviwer said after showing a post that the blonde herself shared on her instagram page. It was a long, colorful and very calculated list of toothpast taste tests Harry and Leroy had developed over the last few months. 

"Oh well, thank you. They're in fact awesome boys. Couldn't have asked for anything better out of them."

" Speaking of which, you are now experiencing motherhood in a different way. "

" I definitely am, Jimmy."

" How's been? How do you feel not being the one pregnant?"

" I would like to say that there are very different pains in life, but one of the worst of them is caring children and giving birth. Y/N's been and angel honestly, I'm pretty sure I was much worse in my first pregnancy. " She paused, laughing at something behind the camera. Y/N just being there, smiling like the whole things was the best comedy show was enough to make her distress of a late night interwiew over zoom disapear. "She's Laughing because she knows about the stories. The thing is, it's very different. I feel like my respect towards her grew impossibly more, and I just have this imense loving feeling inside of my chest."

" And Y/N shared on her Instagram a fees weeks ago that you're both expecting a girl this time. What do you expect from this new experience? "

" It's going to be a new experience for sure. I've been a boy mamma for almost ten years, and Y/N for six. We're stepping into new territory, and everything around our house seems to be softer now. We're trying not to set gender boundaries inside of our home, but it feels different, you know? I feel like I grew thicker skin to be able to see our boys jumping and turning, and getting hurt, making a chaos out of their daily basis. Having another baby after eight years it's already a big change, but the fact that we're hoping for things to be different this time is another whole level of worries and expectations. "

" And the boys? Are they excited"

" Super excited. Harry is already used to being a big brother. Leroy had a harder time realizing that his time as the baby of the house is short lived, but now he's the ultimate helper of Y/N, always making sure that she's safe, fed and relaxed when I'm on set, and when I'm not. They both are impatient with the amount of time it takes, but are getting gentler."

" I suppose you already have a name?"

" Oh, we do. But I'll have to save this information for another time, when she's born".

(...)

The airpods found their place over a thin pile of papers with neat notes in black ink. Rosamund's eyes instantly felt heavier as she didn't have to worry about pretendting not to be tired, or sleepy. She glanced at her fiance, already focused on her figure with curious eyes, almost completery dried hair and glasses. There was a calm smile on her lips, her seven month belly being used as table to keep her phone balanced. The actress laughed a little, pulling the chair her partner was seated a little closer to her own so the distance they kept in the interview could be broken. Rosamund reached out for Y/N lips, hands finding the proiminent bump, feeling small preasured against her palm, their baby moving around just as she always did whenever the couple was close enough to feel the other mother, of hear the sweet voice caling out to her. 

"Seems like baby Rosalie is excited that we're goinf to bed now, isn't she?"

" And so am I, miss Pike."

ㅤ           •═════════❖•❖═════════•

A/N: The smallest shit i've written in this book, but it was one of the drafts i had unfinished and i really wanted to bring something else for my favorite "universe" in this collection. Also, i'm alive and well, but busy. Hope you understand the updates will be just as rare as this one.