It was enchanting meeting you² (Rosamund Pike x Reader)

Making connections, sometimes, means changing the course of your life forever. And that's more than okay.

           •---------•---------•---------•---------•---------•

As Y/N made her way though the hotel corridors, there was a lingering feeling in her stomach. Nothing like the butterflies one would usually feel. It was different, almost like she was absorbed by the astonishing beauty Rosamund herself was. That small talk, sweet exchanges, they were an unexpected turn of events. The night could be a success or a total failure, but the fashion designer had an idea that, whatever happened in the next few hours, there was no way she would be able to forget how blue eyes tore into her soul, making her feel like a teenager mesmerized by their interaction.

She was young, and sometimes painfully naïve, but not inexperienced. Maybe it was how Rosamund's words slipped through her perfectly shaped lips, of how intense her state was. Y/N felt as though the actress was invested in someone (herself) in a way most people wouldn't. She was, definitely, trained to be a ghost while trying to make her way inside of the industry while still being remembered somehow. Sometimes that meant being referred as "Maria's girl" or "the girl from backstage".

Rosamund, on the other hand, made sure to know her name before she even entered the room. She was thoughtful and extremely attractive, and that was unfair to all the confidence  Y/N tried to keep while working. At the same time the british made her feel actually seen and worthy of so, she also made her insecure. Insecure because she was mesmerized by her, and her glowing aura, her infuriating charisma and helpless influence on her heartbeat.

Maybe she was just simply daydreaming about something and someone she'd never have.

As most of the guest stars of the show made their way to the avenue, Y/N had to put an effort into freshing up and dressing herself in more than just her usual run-around clothes. She'd be doing a lot more running till the evening was over, but as Maria's pupil, there was no way she could look less than fashionably dressed for something as big as a Dior's show.

           •---------•---------•---------•---------•---------•

It was a blast, to say the least.

The show, showing a few of Maria's new designs for the Maison had less people than the previous ones thanks to the whole crazy pandamic dynamic, but as intimate as it felt, it was also a good excuse to be more in the front. This time she was sat beside Maria in her Toile de Jouy  cotton Musseline dress with straight lines that highlighted her perfect posture, the cornflower blue color of the fabric keeping the full look classic and yet modern, perfect for the occasion. Her hair was made up in a high bun, some strands of hair loosening and shaping her made-up face.

The night, though, flew by. There were so many people and so much to do. Maria almost dragged Y/N to all of the places, and to all of the people that shw thought Y/N needed to talk to, not because she wanted to show off her student, but becaus she was actually the one to see them before the show. If there was someone who knew all of the faces inside of the show, that was the classy-dressed woman beside the only famous fashion desginer of the two.

It took some time, but after two hous or so, Y/N was fred from the older woman's grasp, and the real fun part of the whole paris fashion show started. Just around the corner of the avenue was the hotel in which all of the expensive celebrities were staying, and there was an important gathering of the high rank people invited for the show. That itself sounded (and was) a lot more boring than clubing in the city of love, but it was better to have champagne in your hands than nothing at all.

Most of the actors, models and singers were there, while other took off earlier thanks to their busy schedule. Around eleven and after a bit of alcohool runing inside her body and numbing a bit ot the built up stress from the months of preparation of that day, Y/N was standing near Jess who was also dressed as fitting as she should, laughing it out all the struggles they both felt a little bit more than the others. With all of the innibition from the scenario, her mind didi not wander in the direction of thingking she wanted to see more of a certain blonde acress, and just be sure that whatever it was that happaned inside of that room, was nothing more than a friendly remark.