Found² (Moiraine x OC)

Finding someone is different from finding yourself with them

       •---------•---------•---------•---------•---------•

The first two days with the Aes Sedai were helpless. Moiraine was stubborn, quiet, misterious and infuriating. She was born with the irritating habit of speaking with her eyes, and they didn't say much as Ahrim herself wasn't trained to understand what was going on inside her mind. It was almost like Moiraine's hopes rested on the fact that the owner of the small yet comforting cottage was nothing but a normal person.

But the Blue Ajah also knew, or suspected, that Ahrim was not who she played herself to be. Not when she was the only living creature with enough courage to live as close to The Shadow City as they were. Even as far as she lived, Moiraine could feel the strength Mashadar held upon those lands, even if it lived inside the walls of the once great city of Aridhol. She was even more skeptical about her healer as the days rolled around and the brunette started to find herself learning bits about Ahrim's life as she was the only one that could make the house less silent. Not to mention the slight feeling she had running though her everytime Ahrim got as close as possible to heal her.

Moiraine listened carefully to her every word, and everytime the green-eyed woman almost believed that her company for the week was actually invested in her stories on the run. The Sedai wanted to know more, she was sure. But it was only to suffice her knowledge of the person she didn't trust. Not being able to fully use her channeling abilities without promoting herself to death bed, it was useless to look for something if not by listening.

She wasn't the type to easily trust. In a world in which the Dark One's forces  were stronger by the minute, it seemed too much to ask from her. Ahrim, on the other hand, touched her shoulder like she was familiar with Moiraine's presence, and like she could kill her at the same time.

In fact she couldn't. Not only by her oath, but also because of her weeping strength. It was better than before crossing paths with the woman standing just outside, feeding the few bids that would come to this place in hopes to find easy food. As the woman, dressed in a navy dress with white details moved around the backyard and back to the house, the Sedai winced in pain, but didn't wander away from the window to sit down and rest, like Ahrim told her to. She worried that these extra days of traveling would end up with the kids killing themselves, but there was little she could do in that state.

“I told you to stay in bed," the voice echoed inside the house and Moiraine was sure that from the far cry of her tone, she was still in the kitchen.

It took a few more minutes till the healer was inside the room she was occupying. Moiraine's eyes were glued to the forest, but a smirk played on her lips as she heard Ahrim exasperated sigh, putting something on the nightstand before approaching her.

It'd be much easier to care for you if you listened."

I'm not much of a listener.” was her response as she distanced herself from the window, deciding to sit on the bed before Ahrim lost her patience. “And was never good at following rules."

She smiled that wicked smile Ahrim hated, and then loved. It was exciting, and had the power to drive you in like a senseless puppy in need of attention. She hated it.

“ I'm not making rules for you, I'm trying to keep you alive." Ahrim answered, carefully siting in her usual chair, bringing the cloths, hot water and herbs closer. Her eyes analyzed Moiraine, and then again the brunette felt a pulling in her own power, but the sensation was gone fast enough. “And you've shown yourself to be good at listening, giving that you're not a talker."