Afterglow ³ (Rosamund Pike x Reader)

ㅤ 

ㅤ       •═════════❖•❖═════════•

If Y/N had to be completely honest, the first few months working in Pike's Corporate were hellish. Not because it was difficult and time consuming (which it was, for sure), but because she found herself completely enamoured by Rosamund Pike herself.

It was something crazy to realize.

Ever since that fateful night Rosamund let herself take a place inside of Y/N's daily life as more than just her boss by taking her home in the freezing haze of bodies warmed up by wine and good food, the assistant couldn't bring herself to understand how infuriating it was trying to still look at the blonde woman in a respectful manner.

It wasn't that the younger woman had her mind set to have pervert thoughts about how awesome it would be to have Pike's slander arms wrapped around her waist and plump lips touching hers. Well...she did find herself navigating these waters once or twice in the past three months after that dinner, but it was just simply wishing for the least. She looked forward to hearing how Rosamund would always call her by the name instead of surname, and the intimacy of how their fingers would brush against each other while trading papers and pens and even the occasional food Pike would order for both of them to eat inside of her office because, in her own words, she had to make sure Y/N stupid habit of not eating every three hours would bring her to the ground in the mind of the day.

It was heartwarming for her, truthfully, to feel that Rosamund cared about her more than she had the obligation to. Actually, she didn't have to do anything besides make sure her payment was there by the end of the month. But she did. She drove Y/N back to her place every single day after working hours because both of them were the last ones to leave the building. She would, as said, buy her food and offer her a warmer coat when the weather would change out of the blue. Rosamund had given her a red scarf on day, because the sky was gloomy and her nose had started hurting from the amount of cold air Y/N was inhaling while being out of the office to assist Rosamund in a court appointment.

Pike would always, without a doubt, make her fell safe and, somehow, loved. It was something so gentle and in small acts of service and shy words, that Y/N herself didn't quite realize how it brought her to the knees when it came to her feelings toward said woman.

"Y/N, can you please send this email back to Mrs. Harrison? The documents are signed.", Rosamund asked her with that dammed sweet smile that would light up the entire room and be damned the way it made her heart flutter.

Yeah, sure!” she answered, taking the iPad back into her hands, having one of them held by Rosamund. “Is everything okay, Rosie?”

Rosamund had a smirk on her lips when the nickname slipped. It was a new thing, something that came up while the older was driving her to her flat two nights before. They were joking about how Rosamund's friends would call her Ross, and how Y/N could only picture Friends' Ross and Rosie would be better.

Well, then you should call me that, darling. I'm pretty sure no one else is ever going to. ”

And it became a thing Y/N would do when they were alone. Under the watchful eyes of other employees that were starting to grow skeptical of their dynamic, Rosamund wasn't Rosamund, nor Rosie. She was Miss Pike, and even thinking about saying it made the assistant's mouth hurt.

" Yeah...", There was a pause that gave too much space for interpretation. Rosamund was lost in thought, not looking directly into her eyes and Y/N wasn't sure if that made her fell better or worse. "Everything is fine, just a long day."

𝕰𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 (Rosamund Pike)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara